We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wave runner rental

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queen Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
271 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Wave runner rental

Morning All! We are thinking of renting wave runners. Anybody been on the "tours". Do they let you just horse around or is it totally controlled?

Two months and counting..........

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Wave runner rental

I have to ask this question. Isn't there any enforcement by the jet ski police??? I know that around here where I live the Penna. there are guys that drink & boat. If they get out of line and complaints are issued, they get arrested by one of the law enforcement agencies. I guess this is a pretty sensitive topic. I can take them or leave them. The real reason that we tried them out last year was to kind of to placate my 13 yr. old son and his buddy. It's getting a little harder each year as he gets older to keep him from being "bored". Those teenagers have a tough life having to go to a place like STX each year. Yikes !! Anyway, how about this part of our jet ski story. We rented two of them. One for the two boys and one for my wife & me. The instructor showed the boys a few extra little manuevers that I was not shown. So anyway, my wife wasn't thrilled with the riding and she soon begged off and just sat on one of the skis as the rest of us kept riding. When I got on the one with my kid, he was driving and he's zooming around with me on the back. He then said to me,"Wait 'til I show you what the guy taught me". At this point he does some sort of wiggle waggle move and immediately flips me right off the freakin' jet ski. I know he didn't expect that because he had a look on his face like he thought that he was in deep doodoo.I think I flew about 15-20 ft. through the air,did a half flip and landed right on my butt. Man, that water is hard when you do that kind of landing. This not the end of the story. I ended up with a big black & blue mark on my butt from hitting the water so hard. It was there for about two weeks. I didn't look so cool at my racquetball club when I was in the shower.......

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Wave runner rental

To PA19. When I was at HOTC the two guys that were on duty that day looked to be about the same age. I don't believe that they could possibly have been father & son. The reason that those guys turned me off was because when I asked them how much they charged, their rate was quite a bit higher than what Island Flight had quoted. I was trying to do the ride on that same day. Island Flight was all booked up and we just went to the other guys to check them out. Anyway,the taller skinny snapped back at me and said something like,"That's why they're going out of business and that's my price". His mood immediately changed and he really got kind of surly.Maybe he was having a particularly bad day. At that point I just left and went back to Island Flight and booked for the next day. The people at Island Flight were extremely pleasant. I got talking with them and got a little bit of info. about them. They had been on STX for about a few months having moved from Kentucky, I think. There was a wife, husband and teen age son. They had been living in a tiny appt. and had invested everything they had in this business. Things were not going well and they were getting discouraged. The woman was a sweetheart and seemed very sincere. She felt that maybe their timing was unfortunate in that two competing companies had started up at the same time. She also said that the guys at other company were especially nasty because they were spreading stories about Island Flight that were just not accurate. I really felt bad for them and gave the guys a nice big tip becuase they were so accomodating. I am happy to see that they are still O.K. As far as the guys at HOTC, maybe they weren't the same ones that PA19 dealt with. If any body here knows details that would show that I was mistaken, please let me know. I think I understand about the problems encountered by anyone trying to start a business. Been there,done that, but not on the scale of selling everything and moving off like the Island Flight group.I don't want to see anybody have problems. I don't have anything against the HOTC guys but if those guys I dealt with are not the owners then somebody there has to let them know about the attitude of that one guy. Hope this helps.

13. Re: Wave runner rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted