We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks!!

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Fireworks!!

Will be on the island during July 4th. Was just wondering, does anyone do firework displays?

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks!!

We were there last year and there really wasn't much going on as far as 4th of July celebrations. I think that there are some small sort of fireworks displays but I'm not sure where and when. I did see fireworks one time as we sat in the lobby bar at The Buccaneer. It was a nice clear night and the fireworks were actually on St.Thomas. It was a few years ago and I think it was during some sort of Carnival celebration on STT. Pretty neat to see that while I was sipping a gin & tonic.

Monte Rio...
Level Contributor
568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks!!

For the last few years, fireworks on July 4th have been in Frederiksted. That could change, though... who knows? Gotostcroix.com has a calendar of events, and where and when the fireworks will take place this year will most likely be posted there as the date approaches. That site is, in general, just a great place for all sorts of STX info.

Just so you know - don't expect a huge exploding light show extravaganza like what you might see in many places stateside. Our fireworks are very low-key in comparison, more like what you might see in a small town in the states.

Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks!!

The St. Croix Country Club has a fireworks display on the 4th each year. The STX CC is located just North of Frederiksted past the ball park on the left. It starts at dark which is 8:30 to 9 pm in July. You can see them from just about anywhere on the West End.

They last 45 minutes or so.

4. Re: Fireworks!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted