We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To rent a car or not?

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
To rent a car or not?

Hello;

My husband and I will be arriving in August - St. Croix. Not sure if we should rent a car from the airport? can we drop off the car at the tour place that we will take the next day? Also, not sure if we should take the full or 1/2 day tour around the island as we will only be staying for 3 1/2 days. Also the trip to Buck Island for snorkeling, full day versus 1/2 day, again limited time to spend on the island. We are looking to take some time just to RELAX....thank you for your input.

Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: To rent a car or not?

Airport to Divi will run around $20 plus another $5-7 for each additional person. And I believe the can charge $2-3 per bag, although some don't.

Monte Rio...
Level Contributor
568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: To rent a car or not?

According to gotostcroix.com, the fare is $24.00 one way for two people or less. As pilotboy said, it goes up after that if you have additional people. Here's that web page:

www.gotostcroix.com/taxis.htm

Check out the gotostcroix website - there's a lot of really valuable information there!

23. Re: To rent a car or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted