We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

STX to The Palms at Pelican Cove

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fair Oaks...
Level Contributor
303 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
STX to The Palms at Pelican Cove

Need advice from my fellow travel folks - We live near Sacramento CA and would love to go to St Croix in Feb/March and stay at The Palms at Pelican Cove - Costco Travel actually can get us there and we would arrive at 9:15 at night. We have never been to St Croix so is it advisable to take a taxi from the airport to The Palms ? Or just go ahead and rent a car that late and drive over? I am hesitant to drive at night in an unfamiliar area and on the otherside of the road from what I am used to. I understand - we can work with The Palms and have a car delivered to us at the hotel for the rest of our stay. Just wondering how we can get to The Palms from the airport

Thanks for the help!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: STX to The Palms at Pelican Cove

I would take a taxi arriving after dark. It was hard enough to find it during the day. The Palms are quite a way from the airport so have no idea how much it would cost. We loved our stay at the Palms and used our car almost everyday. We rented a Neon from Avis and drove all over the island. The staff at the Palms were wonderful! The bartender loaned me a cooler to take with us when we were out exploring. The food was very good too at the hotel, but we mostly ate off property. There is nothing in walking distance to eat from the hotel (or if there was we didn't see it).

Ask the hotel if they can recommend a taxi driver. It may cost a couple more dollars, but we use a private driver on St Thomas to get us from the airport to the ferry and it's worth it.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: STX to The Palms at Pelican Cove

Take a cab and ask centerline to bring you rental the next day. They will usually deliver to hotels

3. Re: STX to The Palms at Pelican Cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix