We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Carambola!

Boston...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Carambola!

My boyfriend and I have come back from St. Croix, and we had a great time! I wanted to thank you guys for all your advice.. and while I found some people on here a little impatient as I tried to find alternatives to renting a car, I definitely saw why you all felt so strongly and were so emphatic! I had *very serious concerns* about the scooter idea based on your opinions/suggestions before we went, and by the end of our ride to the Carambola from the airport (transfers were included in our package) I was pretty certain that no matter how fun a scooter might be (on another island, perhaps), there was no way I'd be able to not stop in the middle of a hill or something and start crying until the boy agreed to help me walk my scooter back to the resort. I figured the hassle of having to drive us everywhere (I have no license) would be more pleasing for him than dealing with a hysterical girlfriend.

I plan on writing a trip report soon, I'll post it here if anyone is interested...

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
950 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Carambola!

So glad you had a great time! Isn't the Carambola a beautiful place, with a beautiful beach? PLEASE do write a trip report-- we need to hear about your experiences to help others plan a more enjoyable trip... and just to relive being there vicariously! Thank you!

Boston...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Carambola!

YES, stcroix, Carambola IS a beautiful place - even if you get lost!! the resort was absolutely wonderful (it looks like we got a really good rate which maybe explains why some people seemed surprised/confused when two 20-somethings said they were staying there), and the surrounding area was great.. everything was great!!

Thanks for the encouragement on the trip report - I suspect I was semi-consciously seeking some sort of affirmation on that front (I hate to admit that), and I'm not sure I expected anyone to indulge me!

So, trip report soon to come (blame stcroix if you find it unbearably dull), but in the meantime I wanted to thank you guys and let you know we had a great time!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Carambola!

Yes, please, we'd love to see a report of your trip. Since we stayed at the Caram several years ago, I'd really like to hear how it compares now, and whatever else you did. Glad you had a great time! :)

4. Re: Back from Carambola!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 14, 2009