We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one question and one comment

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
839 posts
Save Topic
one question and one comment

#1 I keep trying to call Norma at the Domino Club but my call just won't go thru. I'm using the same # that I used in the past but to no avail... Does anyone know how I can get in touch with her?

#2 I read that Mr. Rawilns of the Bottle Museum fame passed away on Sept.18 at the age of 92 years ,10 months and 14 days. Reading his obituary gives an insight into what kind of man he was. I always stopped in to visit him and spend time on every trip. He would never fail to want to entertain me by playing his home made instruments in accompaniment to his tape player. He had songs on tape from local bands like Bully and the Kaffooners and also Stanley & the 10 Sleepless knights and he would have a grand time playing along and smiling the whole time. I'm sure that he played with bands like that when he was a tad younger and as I understand he was a bit of a celebrity who had special status with those groups. On every visit he would tell me that his father had built that home and his pride in the fact that he lived there and only there since he was a child. If you were ever to walk past his fence line and into his modest home you would surely know that he didn't posess a lot of worldy goods,but I beleve that in his own way he was wealthy. He never asked me for money or anything like that. I believe he was just happy to have some company for a little while. He was truly a gentleman and that is truly how he always treated me. His obituary said that he had transitioned into his new life as an "ancestor". That says volumes about him, at least it does to me. Perhaps there wil be some people on STX that may not have the same feelings about him that I do but reading between the lines of his obituary you can sense that he was loved. I guess you just take 'em as you find 'em.I will certainly miss being able to stop and see him and my trips to STX will be a little lacking without his colorful character.... farewell George A. Rawlins, farewell...........

West Chester, PA
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
616 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one question and one comment

Thanks for sharing the news about Mr. Rawlins....definitely my most unforgetable character in 25 years of visiting St. Croix. He once told me that he was the last surviving of his mothers 23 live births! For those that took the time to stop and say hi he will be sorely missed. And he rode out Hurricane Hugo in that home that his Dad built!

St. Croix
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: one question and one comment

the number I have is 340-713-9052

3. Re: one question and one comment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, October 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix