We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa help please?

mass
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Villa help please?

Out of these 3 villas...Whispering Winds, Solitude House or Villa Paradiso which would be the best choice for 3 couples that are looking for the best beach out front with restaurants &activities nearby? Thanks for your help.....coming in May

Buck Island Reef National Monument
Islands, Monuments & Statues, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Reefs
Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa help please?

I've toured Whispering Winds and Solitude House - they are both beachfront. Just looked up Villa Paradiso- doesn't appear to me to be on the beach but rather on a bluff or hillside. I LOVE Whispering Winds and would love to stay there. Some day...Paradiso is in Grapetree - that is going to be the furthest east and above the pretty lonely south shore (except for The Divi and East End Pizza). Whispering Winds is in Teague Bay, near Good Spirits, The Reef Beach, Duggan's Reef Restaurant ,the golf and tennis at The Reef, the yacht club and then on along Route 82 to C'Sted,. Solitude House is closer to C'Sted and close to Cultured Pelican, Castaways, Ziggy's, Bluewater Terrace, and about 10 minutes' closer to C'Sted. IMO, Solitude House would have the edge with the best beach but at WW the house is just so lovely and there's good privacy for multiple couples.

Good luck deciding! We're heading down again in about 2 weeks and renting through local Vacation St. Croix, as usual. This time we are returning to Villa Amonoka in Teague Bay. We can’t wait to be back.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa help please?

Love Solitude House. Highly recommend it. It's on the beach, nice pool, beautiful home, close to several restaurants.

mass
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa help please?

Thank you both for the tips....will talk about it with my sisters and hopefully book soon..

Slippery Rock...
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa help please?

We are considering Villa Paradiso as well. We will be a group of 3 couples too. It will be the first time visiting the island for all of us, so I can't help with the beaches but so far the owner of Villa Paradiso, Collette, has been wonderful in answering all of my questions (there have been many!) She even sent me a video walk though of the house.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it if you decide to stay there! Enjoy your trip!

5. Re: Villa help please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 29, 2014