BF and I are looking to book a trip to the Caribbean and cash in on our Marriott points and use Miles. Normally we're more fans of "Off the beaten path," vs the big resorts, but we're also fans of free hotel nights so Marriott properties it is this time! :)
Knowing we can't get everything, we're looking for the island with the best combination of:
- Good Scuba Diving (won't dive every day, but definitely a focus of the trip)
- Great beaches
- Good food, know Caribbean will be expensive, but more affordable would be good..
- Other fun activities or things to see/do..
- Something that doesn't feel completely touristy/overrun with tourists.. obviously we are tourists ourselves, but we're not fans of the mob scene
- Looking to go end of Feb/Early March
So which of the islands would you pick and why? If TA will let me, I'm going to post this in all 3 island forums, as I find people tend to be partial to the island of their forum :)