We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tan tan tours

Willowbrook...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
tan tan tours

Has anyone had a reason experience with Tan Tan Tours? We are going July 2011 and would like to know if anyone has been out this year with them?

KEJ

Mentioned in this post
Tan Tan Tours
Tan Tan Tours
179 Reviews
St. Croix
Boston
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tan tan tours

No, but we went last year and it was wonderful! My sister thought it was the best thing she has ever done on St Croix. The half day goes until 3pm or so and was a lot of fun. Highly recommended.

Mentioned in this post
St. Croix
St. Croix
U.S. Virgin Islands
St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tan tan tours

I went last week. It is fabulous. Be sure to to on the all day tour. It is much better than the 1/2 day and includes lunch. This is the most fun thing to do on STX

Willowbrook...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tan tan tours

We are considering the 1/2 day tour, but are not sure about the difficulty of getting in and out of the tidal pools. We are grandparents bringing our 13 year old grand daughter, we want to participate, but the rocks look steep and sharp. Can you explain?

Thanks, KEJ

Boston
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tan tan tours

It was not too bad getting in and out but you do need something for your feet. The trip is very bouncy for want of a better word. You might want to try to sit in the front seat.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tan tan tours

Highly recommend the FULL day tour; it is so much better than the 1/2 day. Guides will help you over the rocks to the pools; you can do it. I went last week and I am in my 70's.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
198 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tan tan tours

We did this on our trip last November, not that long ago. One of the coolest things I have ever done. I loved every second of it start to finish. Sit in the back of the jeep. I would have been bummed if I had to sit up front. Do the full day, and enjoy the adventure!

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
951 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tan tan tours

What is the difference between the back or the front of the jeep, experience wise? I've heard so many positive reports on taking these tours that I'm trying to talk my hubby into doing this with me... He's one of 'those'-- I beg and cajole and he finally agrees to do something to shut me up, then HE has the most fun! :D

Paula

Boston
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tan tan tours

You bounce more in the back, also you are exposed to the sun. I sat in the front and had a blast. I would also say if you have any neck or back issues to sit in front and go towards the end of the trip. In the front you also get to see where you are going which is a bit hairy sometimes....We did not go on one until our last trip and it was something my sister wanted to do, frankly, I could have cared less, but it was a BLAST!! It was one of the best days we had on St Croix - and that is saying something. We did a half day which went until 3.

Mentioned in this post
St. Croix
St. Croix
U.S. Virgin Islands
Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
951 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tan tan tours

Oh, okay-- thanks Saffie. I think since we're not that young anymore we should sit in the front. When I was young, the wilder the ride the bettter. But even though I'm young in spirit... my body apparently doesn't realize that . Guess we'd better opt for the front ;)

When I was a kid my dad had a jeep that he'd take myself and my cousins riding all through the backwoods of SE Texas, through creeks and gullys,flying across low areas, making roads though the woods-- all the way down to the Neches river. It was SO much fun! When I think of Tan Tan tours I think back on the fun of a wild jeep ride :D Now I have to talk hubby into it....

Paula

Mentioned in this post
Tan Tan Tours
Tan Tan Tours
179 Reviews
St. Croix
Boston
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tan tan tours

There were two jeeps for our group and both my sister and I wanted to sit in the front so we split up and each went in one - it was great fun and we had never been to the tidal pools which I wanted to do as well. Take some water shoes or something like that for the pools if you go.

Get answers to your questions about St. Croix