We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon advice

Alabama
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon advice

My wife and I are taking our honeymoon at the end of March next year. We were looking at Secrets Excellence in Cancun, but now we are reconsidering due to the hurricane. Does any one have any suggestions? We are young and want to enjoy a beautiful beach as well as be able to enjoy some night life. We were looking preferably at something all inclusive. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Brian-Auburn, AL

1. Re: Honeymoon advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:58 am, November 16, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon advice

St. Croix is very different from Cancun. It doesn't have the large all inclusive resorts or a lot of night life. I love it because it is quiet. We enjoyed driving and finding different beaches and places to eat. I would continue to do research on St. Croix and make sure it is the type of place you would like to honeymoon. Many people are switching to the Cabo San Lucas area who were previously going to Cancun. I've been there and like it very different reasons. You might want to check posts about it, too.

Navarre, Florida
Level Contributor
379 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon advice

As much as I love St. Croix...it's my favorite island...I think it sounds like you would be better off on one of my other favorites, Jamaica. I would recommend the Negril Beach area. There are several up-scale all-inclusives in Negril, especially Sandals, Grand Lido, and Couples. Check out the Jamaica Trip Advisor site.