We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport taxis at night

teton valley idaho
3 posts
airport taxis at night

Good morning,

My family is going to stx in two weeks and my question is, we are arriving at the airport around 10 pm, are there taxis there at that time of night or should we call ahead and schedule one to meet us there and take us to our hotel? This is our first trip to the island and we have a rental car for the rest of the trip, just not that first night of arrival. Thanks so much for the help.

Lakewood Ranch...
Level Contributor
130 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: airport taxis at night

The St Croix Taxi Association have a lock on taking fares from the airport (you can use any taxi to get to the airport). They're normally there to meet every incoming flight. Just to be sure you can contact them ahead of time and set up your ride before you get here.

St Croix Taxi Association

toll free: 866-788-1045

e-mail: info@stcroixtaxi.com

teton valley idaho
3 posts
2. Re: airport taxis at night

Thank you so much for the fast info.

Have a good day.

Christiansted, St...
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
125 reviews
3. Re: airport taxis at night

Taxi service is excellent. You won't have a problem

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
4. Re: airport taxis at night

Our friends arrived last week late night and taxi charged them (2 people) (2 bags and 2 golf bags) $60 plus tip to Judith's Fancy. I thought that was outrageous.

St Croix
Level Contributor
245 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: airport taxis at night

Taxi rates are posted on page 10 of St Croix This Week.

There is not a rate to Jusith's Fancy but airport to Christiansted is $16 for 1; $9 addtional. So $60 is a definate over charge.

teton valley idaho
3 posts
6. Re: airport taxis at night

Thank you all who replied. We will be landing there next Tues. Way excited, just hope some of the rain will be gone. Has anyone heard any weather forecast for Oct. 1 thru the 8th? My main question about the taxis, will there be taxis at the airport that time of night or should I call ahead & schedule one? Thanks again and have a great day!

Scranton...
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
878 posts
7. Re: airport taxis at night

A few sites for checking the weather forecasts; weather.msn.com/region.aspx…

usvi-info.com/infousvi/marineweather.html

http://www.weathercarib.com/

www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl

The above may be a little lengthy but I think you can work out how to get to the sites. The Virgin islands daily news site has a weather link that you go to and get forecasts up to 15 days out. I may be wrong here but I don't think the forecasts for that area are very reliable. I'm sure that futuredolphin ,crabgroupie and pilotboy can vouch for the accuracy of the forecasts.

Monte Rio...
Level Contributor
568 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: airport taxis at night

Right on, Stxtraveler. Weather forecasts here are even less accurate than in the states. Hard to believe, isn't it?

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
99 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: airport taxis at night

My sister and her husband arrived on Saturday night later than expected (around 9:30 pm) and couldn't get a taxi willing to take them from the airport to the East End. There were a couple of drivers there, but when they found out it was a pretty long trip the drivers said they were off duty. Luckily we were already on island and could go pick them up. I don't know if this is a common problem, but it did happen just three months ago...

10. Re: airport taxis at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 10, 2009