We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Hotel on the Cay??

Littlerock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Hotel on the Cay??

We are going to St. Croix in june this is our first trip to St. Croix. We are staying at Hotel on the Cay. ANyone ever stayed there? Looking for any information on what to do and where to eat while we are there! Any good day trips?

Cristi in Arkansas

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at Hotel on the Cay??

I have not stayed at Hotel on the Cay (HOTC) personally, but my family has a condo in Christiansted and we sometimes have guests that stay at HOTC. First, it is a great location. It is right in Christiansted harbor and they have a ferry that gets you there in just a couple of minutes. The beach is very nice and the views are spectacular. The hotel has a pool and a decent restaurant. It is a very safe place to stay and has some really nice amenities. However, the place is in need of some renovation. The rooms my friends have stayed in are generally clean, but several people have had problems with the water (some rooms either get hot or cold, but not both). The decor in the rooms is also a bit dated. The upside is that the rates are usually quite reasonable (even in high season) and the location puts you in the middle of everything. It is certainly cheaper than the Buccaneer, Carambola or Divi and, in my opinion, in a much better location. I have heard that the hotel has a new manager who is quite receptive to guests' concerns so I'm sure you'll have a good time.

In terms of things to do, there are lots of options. I have enjoyed snorkeling trips to Buck Island, kayaking tours of Salt River and horseback riding through the rainforest. That's just the tip of the iceberg. There are lots of great restaurants, including Rum Runners, Duggan's Reef, Off the Wall and Savant. You may want to look at www.gotostcroix.com for more specific information on hotels, restaurants, activities, etc.

I'll be on St. Croix in June as well. Hope you have a great trip!