We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I make the Ferry?

Chadds Ford...
Level Contributor
118 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Can I make the Ferry?

Ok, Flight lands in STT at 8:04 am and I'd like to catch the 8:45am ferry to V.G from C.A. Has anybody ever attempted this before and made it. I think it is a mission impossible, but my darling wife say's "we'll be fine". We are not checking bags, so that will cut down on time at the airport. We've been the the BVIs a few times and the used the C.A ferry dock every time, but never had a stopwatch with me to see how long it takes to get there from the airport. Any suggestions?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I make the Ferry?

Well I'm not going to be as airy about it as your wife seems to be (!) as it IS a bit of a tight schedule and depends very much on your flight arriving on time and your disembarkation going smoothly. The CA ferry is only a max 10 minute taxi ride from the airport so you SHOULD be OK. However, to be on the safe side I would at least see what your options are for getting to VG if you by any chance fail to get the 8:45 ferry:

www.vinow.com/general_usvi/interisland_ferry/

You could wait for the 5PM (I assume you ARE arriving on a Tuesday or a Thursday?) or look into what's available from Tortola to VG and go that route. Have fun!

2. Re: Can I make the Ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 23, 2014