We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Message for Blamona

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Topic
Message for Blamona

Hi- it's Tamara from the Wedding TV Series. This forum seems great for info. I sent you an e-mail awhile ago, but I didn't know if you would be checking them from ""Paradise. So when I saw your screen name thought I would drop a quick line.

Looks like we will just miss each other in Provo. I'm going to be down mid-February staying at one of the Ocean Club Resorts, (other half surprised me with that).Since you are the Provo expert :-), I'd love to know your thoughts on the properties. Which resort would you stay at OCW or the original? I'm going to be visiting Somerset too! Can't wait. They told me they have a great pool for little kids.

Glad to hear your sister's wedding went well- too bad about the weather, though.

Let me know if you find any new "must sees/dos/eats" while we are down there. Can't wait to see how I find Provo, compared to Anguilla!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,041 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Message for Blamona

Hi!

I did get your email-but I will tell you what I think of original vs West OC tomorrow-I'm actually touring them tomorrow.

Sorry we are going to miss each other-I could have given you the "Blamona tour".

Once you see the Somerset, you're going to have a tough time going back to OC- Somerset is "wow".

OC's are fine, clean, well run. I would lean towards the original right now, only because Seven Stars is being built 2 resorts down from West-and it's a big project. Having said that, West is more centrally located, and you'd never know about construction on the beach. It doesn't bother me, it may bother some.

Are you renting a car?

Must do's: all about the water-and kids love them! Great ones are at least 1/2 days on Caicos Dream Tours (snorkel, dive for conch in knee high water, and spend time on glorious Half Moon Bay.) or 1/2 with lunch (you get the extra hour!) with Sail Provo-sail, snorkel, and spend time on glorious (did I say that already?) Half Moon Bay.

Must eats: 1 splurge at Coyaba's-best on island. With kids, I like Hemmingways-especially on Thursday nights with band, Mango Reef, Bay Bistro, and Tiki Hut.

Must see's: the stunning beaches on the cays-Half Moon Bay, Dellis Cay. If you get a high clearance vehicle, Malcolm's Beach is incredible. (take food and drink)

Toronto
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Message for Blamona

Thanks for the reply. I can't believe we will miss each other by 2 weeks.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the OC's. It wouldn't have been my pick, I think our travel agent "coaxed" my other half. We didn't have much choice, as we needed to do a hotel/air package, otherwise Air Canada wanted $2000.00 per person per flight, can you believe it!!!

Restaurant question- would you still do Coyoba over Grace Bay Club's Anacona, (I'm probably spelling them both incorrectly :-) I rembember you telling me the one at Grace Bay Club was really romantic!

Did I read somewhere you find a new shopping spot- I meant to write it down and I can't find it now...

I'll make sure I do the boat tours.

We will rent a car for part of the trip I'm sure. Particularly if we are staying at the original OC.

Oh, I am also going to be visiting Point Grace and hopefully the Palms, (Palms has changed hands, so not sure about that one).

Counting down the days!

3. Re: Message for Blamona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales