We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

We are going to Provo for our anniversary the week of July 4th (without our kids.) We like nice, clean, more luxurious rooms, but don't need a suite, so we are considering a regular room at Palms or Somerset. Somerset did not return my call regarding size of their lock-off. Does anyone know how this room is and how it compares with The Palms? The breakfast and spa at The Palms sounds wonderful. Also, how crowded will each be July 4th week? Will there be lots of families? What would you recommend? Thanks so much!

Batumi, Georgia
Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

The front four buildings at Somerset do not have lock-offs.

The building behind the swimming pool has a limited number of these units and would be a little cramped if you have children with you.

north carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

Thanks, Caicos Boy. I guess the lock-offs in Somerset are in the Stirling section. It will just be the two of us, not our kids. I think I remember seeing Palms non-suite rooms are at least 600 sq. ft. Are Somerset much smaller?

Batumi, Georgia
Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

Correct, the lock-offs are available only in the Stirling Building. They measure about 16ft x 14ft. Definitely not 600sq ft..

They would appear to be suitable for someone/couple staying for quite short term and not spending too much time indoors.

north carolina
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

Sounds like the Somerset lock-off is quite a bit smaller than Palms. Does anyone know how crowded (or quiet) each hotel should be July 4th week? Thank you.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

Not sure about the Somerset for this year, because it is a new property. Last year we were on island over the 4th and The Palms had alot of children and teenagers. The Somerset was desserted.

Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

The Somerset room is in the 300-350 sq ft range without patio or balcony. The place looks so gorgeous and quiet as of now. We are planning a visit there in April.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

Palms vs Somerset has 2 completely feels to them. They are right next door to each other.

Palms is crowded, lots of kids, gorgeous property, but a "see and be seen" feeling to it.

Somerset has the "wow" factor. gorgeous property, very upscale, yet laided back at the same time.

I've stayed at both, and for me, I would choose Somerset.

8. Re: Palms Luxury Room or Somerset studio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales