We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crime

chicago
11 posts
Save Topic
crime

i was just wondering how much crime there is. Can I expect to be safe walking on the beach at night, ect.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crime

I have always felt safe in the Turks and Caicos, but like anywhere else you must be aware of your surroundings and play it safe.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crime

Sorry .... Yes, it is safe to walk on the beach at night. We always walk in groups and use common sense. I don't think I would walk on the beach anywhere by myself

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: crime

We were there last October and we did walk on the beach at night in areas close to the RWI. We always felt very comfortable and had no problems, but the owner of the unit we stayed at recommended that we not walk the beach at night. If you do decide to walk at night bring a flashlight, it can be pretty dark in places.

4. Re: crime

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales