We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Hotel is right for me?

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
551 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
What Hotel is right for me?

Hi,

I'm traveling with my 5 year old son and my mother to Turks and Caicos this November. I've been looking at all the hotels and am not sure which would be the best suited for us. My son and I do like to snorkel. Also, he likes a nice pool. We don't really need a kitchen in our place, as we have no intentions of cooking. My mother can be picky with accomodations. We don't need a high-class place to stay just something that is nice, clean and fun for my son. I stayed here years ago and would like to return to the Grace Bay beach area. A few of the places I was looking at were the Sands and Ocean Club West but I did notice a few reports that both had issues with being dirty. I also looked at RWI and it sounds like alot of people like it here. Well, any help is appreciated! Thanks.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Hotel is right for me?

You picked all nice family places in your search. The Sands seems to be the family favorite on this board. The Sands has a great pool and a good restaurant with a childrens menu.

All The mid range familt type resorts

The Sands

Ocean Club West

Alexandra Resort

Royal West indies

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What Hotel is right for me?

RWI is exceptionally well kept and I would stay there again in a minute. OCW was a bit dated, but we found it nice also, and would stay there as well, plus they have a great patio restaurant overlooking the beach.

Either of those would be good choices, but I can't say enough about how much we liked RWI.

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll have a great trip

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
840 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Hotel is right for me?

I think that you can't go wrong with any of your choices, We have only stayed at the Sands and we loved it. They came twice a day everyday and cleaned our room. In my opinion, I think that any hotel in the tropics is going to have a bit of mold somewere. I think thats what people are complaining about most .

Have a good time.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What Hotel is right for me?

All of the above would be a good choice.

I think that the Sands would be great for a family travelling with a five year old.

5. Re: What Hotel is right for me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 13, 2009