We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Go?

England
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to Go?

My partner and I would love to take a holiday in Turks and Caicos but we haven't a clue whereabouts to go - could someone give us some information about where to choose. We would be coming in March 2007 for his 40th birthday - where would you recommend?

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Go?

I'm no expert but I know the experts will just ask some of the following:

- Budget? as you can do anything from fairly basic to top luxury

- Beach seclusion or near other resorts?

- Proximity to restaurants

- Spa/watersports or acitivties

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Go?

Turks and Caicos, BWI - The Island of Providenciales

Last July 2006 - My Husband and I stayed at The SandsHotel. Six buildings, 3 floors high, every patio screened in, INCREDIBLE place for they money and VERY clean! Each night we were there, our bed was pulled back and a Fiji bottle of water on each night stand.

Hemmingways is the restaurant connected to this resport that has paito walking right down to beach. GREAT Food and Beverages. Since that is where we stayed, we frequented it a lot. Casual, nice dinning, T.V. @ bar and nice patio. 

The 2 night life outings were to Danny Buoys Irish pub and Bambooz Bar and Grill – both have a ‘happy hour’ time, mostly locals and of course visiting tourist. Fun! Karaoke at Bambooz later in the evening. VERY CASUAL

Most restaurants were causal. Especially day time! Evenings - sundresses/sandals - Men – nice shorts and nice sandals, you’ll be comfy and right at home.

Our 1st Night – we ate at THE IGUANA $$$

Food was ok - had Shrimp Scampi and Onion Soup - A little pricy for small portions.

Our 2nd Night – we ate at THE TIKIT HUT $$-$$$

On a pier/dock – Fun atmosphere, live music, Shrimp and Conk Pasta - very good & My Husband, John, had crab legs

We were able to split and appetizer, Entree and dessert!

Our 3rd night – we ate at Caicos Café $$ - $$$

Family owned - their Son, Julianne was a great server! Nice patio, very casual, had to purchase bottled water, but service was great and food was as well. Conch Civichi a little tough, but Grilled Grouper was tasty.

Bay Biestro - $$-$$$

Good Food, nice setting, Patio right out to beach.

Walking distance from The Sands. We liked the food at Hemmingways better.

Our 4th night – we ate at 21 NORTH! $$ - $$$

LOVED IT!!!! My 2nd Favorite! Incredible setting, upstairs at the Salt Mills

Great Food and wonderful Greg Norman Merlot!

Our 5th night, we ate at Magnolias! $$$$

Attire is a little more dressy, I wore skirt and top with sandal/heels and John wore Slacks /Shirt and shoes. View is Fantastic! Lovely Place! By far, my favorite! More of an Urban feel but genuinely a GREAT place to dine!

We also went through DIVE PROVO for our snorkeling/Diving expreiences. Very Professional and provided many great memories!

This was an incredible trip, not over priced and the locals were fairly helpful, especially where we stayed! We can't wait to go back! Once again, it is very low key, very casual and laid back! The perfect spot to just rejuvinate, rest and relax!

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Go?

Are you looking for secluded or more central?

What is your budget per night approx?

What sort of places do you like to stay in? etc.

As was previously said, there are many places to stay here, all different, so as much information as you can give will help everyone to help you.

England
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Go?

We would be looking to go quite secluded - we don't have a budget in mind but would prefer luxurious.

I guess my partner would like to do some activities but I'm more of a beach person.

I get terribly sea sick - is it true that it is a boat from the airport to most destinations???

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Go?

The only place that you must get to by boat is Parrot Cay, You can get to Pine Cay by Boat or plane.

They are on different Islands.

Most of the other resorts here are on The Same Island as the main airport. Providenciales.

Luxurious. The latest, absolute stunning property here is The Somerset.

For the best of the best, look at the Estate buildings. One unit per floor. Jacuzzi on the deck. Top of the line appliances, BBQ's on the patios and so much more.

www.thesomerset.com

Look at The Palms.

www.thepalmstc.com

This is luxurious and bigger/busier then The Somerset. It has an amazing Spa, that the Somerset also uses.

The Grace Bay Club. A long time favorite. They have expanded in a huge way. They have added a new addition for families and are re-vamping the original hotel now. It is due to open again in Feb 07.

They are building another addition on the east of the original hotel now. Just started.

www.gracebayclub.com

Point Grace. Quiet, small, peaceful, intimate.

www.pointgrace.com

I also love the Turks and Caicos Club. It is at the other end of the Beach, near the great spot for snorkeling. It is quiet. Like a home away from home.

This is not within walking distance of many other places, like the others.

www.turksandcaicosclub.com

Yo can type the name of these properties into the search bar above and see what others have said about them.

6. Re: Where to Go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales