We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bonefishing/villa

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ios
5 posts
Save Topic
bonefishing/villa

we are looking to stay in a villa in provo in december, we are a couple so only need a one bedroom villa. It is essential that good bonefishing is within walking distance as we do not drive. We have come across the harbour club villas and know a lot about them and their great location for bonefishing but please can anyone recommend any others? we have seen a few nice villas near Taylor Bay, but cannot find anything about bonefishing there. All replies appreciated.

Neil and Gem Hansen

massachusetts
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bonefishing/villa

I was there last March and fished most of the island. The only spot I was consistently able to catch Bonefish was in Flamingo Lake, which is across from the Harbor Club. I did fish Taylor Bay and caught Barracuda, Jacks, etc (no Bones). I did not fish the Chalk sound side of Taylor Bay b/c it is a National Park and I think fishing is illegal in the parks. We were told that there were some good Bonefish spots near the southeast end of the island, but that is a long drive, so we did not make the hike.

We stayed in a villa near Flamingo lake, but it was a three bedroom.

We are going back next March and staying in the Taylor Bay area, which will mean we will drive to Flamingo Lake for Bone Fishing each morning (10 min drive).

Kal

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bonefishing/villa

If you want Bonefishing within walking distance, then the Harbour club villas are great. They are not luxury accommodations, but are very nice, clean and well kept up. There is a small pool and a BBQ for guests use.

There is no restaurant in walking distance. This is on the South Shore. But I believe that the owner/manager provides transportation to the Supermarket?

There is a fantastic out of this world villa on Turtle Tail, but it is a bit of a walk to get back to the Flamingo lake for fishing, but only about 4-5 mins to drive.

It is called the Starfish Villa. It is four bedrooms but they do rent it out at a one bedroom rate also.

caribbeanway.com/villa-page/ind/106316.asp

Also there is Five little Cays House. Same area as The Starfish Villa

http://www.vrbo.com/86080

Other villas within walking distance besides The Harbour Club:

Ocean Palms: Across the road from The Flamingo Lake.

www.seafeathers.com

Villa de Ligera: Also Across the road from Flamingo Lake and on a beach

www.seafeathers.com

Sherman Ct.
Level Contributor
560 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bonefishing/villa

If you must stay in Provo then don't continue reading. Consider

the Bottle Creek Lodge on North Caicos. Plenty of bones within a

few minute walk or kayak ride. Call or email for more info if their

website gets you interested. Have fun and let us know how you make out fishing.

Kingston, New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bonefishing/villa

I agree, don't stay in Provo, go to the north caicos islands. The only really good spot we found on provo was inside a national park...but it was good damn fishing. Bones to 9 pounds, and lot's of them.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bonefishing/villa

I expect there were lots of them because it was inside a national park.. Meaning they are supposed to be protected.

I.E No fishing.

6. Re: bonefishing/villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales