We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TCI vs. Exuma

MA
Level Contributor
434 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
TCI vs. Exuma

I have been going to Great Exuma for the last 3 years and LOVE it. We would like to try something new next spring. Can anyone, who has been to both, chime in and compare TCI to Exuma? Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
382 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TCI vs. Exuma

I'll take a crack at this……

Exuma has several beautiful beaches accessible by boat or car. Boating around Elizabeth Harbor is an adventure that my family loved the most about Great Exuma. We loved exploring a different beach everyday, which we had to ourselves with the exception of the beach at Chat n Chill. Not as many restaurants (and not as high caliber) as TCI, but plenty and all had very good food. More of a chilled out vibe exploring deserted beaches for treasure. Grocery not as "americanized" as the IGA on Provo.

Provo has long and beautiful Grace Bay beach. It's more upscale than Great Exuma (IMO) with the luxury condo-tels and higher end dining venues. A few other beaches to explore, but I loved Grace Bay the best. More people around than what I experienced in Exuma. Great grocery stores and better wine selection than on Exuma.

Both are great in their own unique way. I snorkeled more in Provo than Exuma, so in that regard Provo wins.

Hope that helps and have a great trip!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TCI vs. Exuma

They are both awesome places to visit. Provo is much more built up than Exuma. Provo has many resorts along Grace Bay. There is a resort for everyone. Great choices for dining and exploring the island is easy.

Exumas have a vibe that reminds me more of North and Middle Caicos. More laid back and relaxed. A lot of the beaches in Exuma reminded me of mini Grace Bays with no one on them but you.

I say go for it and visit TCI. There are so many beautiful sites to see. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: TCI vs. Exuma

It's time for a change now experience Provo in the Turks & Caicos Islands.Discover the reason why we love it. DR. JIM

4. Re: TCI vs. Exuma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 30, 2015