We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

We are considering going to the island for the first time net July for our honeymoon. I am looking for lodging recommendations. As a background I have been to Exuma and stayed in boutique hotels and to Aruba and stayed in the low rise end so clearly the smaller boutique hotels is what we are looking for.

We want obviously a great beach side location with maybe a nice pool and outdoor bar. Also would like to be under 200.00 a night hopefully.

I look forward to the feedback.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

Call Val @ Turks & Caicos Reservations for the best place for your budget. Even though July is low season, the nightly rates are higher for something you are seeking. Your honeymoon should be something special. DR. JIM

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

I just got back from Provo two weeks ago. We stayed at West Bay Club. It is a boutique resorts with approx. 40 rooms. It reminded me of Bucuti & Tara in Aruba.

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

I am familiar with those in Aruba. What was the rough cost of the place you stayed?

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

Some boutique resorts would be Point Grace, Coral Gardens, Beach House(all Oceanfront on Grace Bay). Coral Gardens has the most active outdoor 2 level bar(Somewhere). We just stayed at 2 of them within the past 9 months. DR. JIM

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,773 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

the only one in your price range with decent pool is Royal West Indies. All others mentioned would be more than $200 nightly.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

Ryan S,

West Bay Club was around $300/night for a studio.

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
265 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

Since you are on a budget of @$200 per night (difficult on Grace Bay, even in the offseason) you may want to consider the following resorts which are:

Ocean Club West;

Royal West Indies;

Sands; and

Alexandra

Coral Gardens is one of the older resorts and is a bit on the tired side, but it does have a decent bar/restaurant (Somewhere).

8. Re: 1st time to the island for a Honeymoon next year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 30, 2015