We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open thru Labor day?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
850 posts
699 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants open thru Labor day?

We have not been in Provo this late before.......are all/most restaurants still open thru 9/1? Is there a list someone can post of closings & dates? Thank you!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

Well last August's visit to Caicos Cafe(we ate dinner there twice)I believe it was the 27-28th and it was the last night they where open. So it was before Labor Day. Most other restaurants on the Island are open through September 1st. DR. JIM

Louisiana
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

A list of closing dates would be helpful for me as well. We are booked on Provo from the end of August thru 9/06/14. Should I panic yet?

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
850 posts
699 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

Most websites do not yet state any closing info...guess its too soon. Once I decide on reservations guess I'll know then.

Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

We will be there around the same time and are worried about restaurants closing as well! I'd really like to go to Caicos Cafe, but can't find a website or contact information. Does anyone know when they close?

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

No idea WHO would be brave enough to post a list of Restaurant closings and then take the heat when they decide to not really close or re-open early and not tell anybody (then blame you for driving/keeping business away). Can only say, if there is a restaurant who the closing thereof would make or break your vacation, then call them and ask. There are ALWAYS enough restaurants open to provide a diverse range of dining options.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

Breeze_beauty. YES. Our forum Foodologist(DR. ZIGGY) informed me that Caicos Cafe will close August 24th, Sunday this season. Good news, on August 15th Lobster season opens and they should have Lobster enhanced items available for about 8-9 nights. What this means to me is that I have scheduled 2 evenings @ Caicos Cafe for this duo experience. DR. JIM

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,893 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

I remember when WhereWhenHow went through all the trouble of contacting every restaurant, posting the dates, and then got in trouble, so you will never see a list. We always find plenty of places to eat in September.

Carolinas
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

For what it's worth, I just heard from the assistant Manager of Somewhere Café and Lounge that they will be open while we are on Provo: August 16 - 27. Missed visiting them last year and wanted to be sure we would have the opportunity this year. Looking forward to it.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Level Contributor
722 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

Magnolia's, Seaside Cafe and Caicos Cafe all closed. We will be there from 8/30 - 9/06. Coco Bistro and Bay Bistro open.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants open thru Labor day?

cbm, unless they change their mind, which has been known to happen.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales