We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Turks and Caicos

NJ
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Beaches Turks and Caicos

Hello,

I was wondering how difficult it is to get a shady spot at beaches resort? We are staying at Key West and my kids may want to do water partk, but I am extremely fair and afraid I'm not going to be able to get a shady spot. Any advice will be much appreciated.Thank you!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
977 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

What month are you going? Obviously March and April will be very crowded. We have never had an issue finding a shaded spot.

NJ
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

we are going in mid-July this year. Also, we have 3 kids 15,10,8 - all would love water park. In your opinion - is Key West a poor choice in terms of location an activities?Thank you

Danvers...
Level Contributor
828 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

KW might be a good place to get a shaded spot though. If you read the reviews, it says no one ever uses the pools in that village. You will be able to find a shady spot somewhere on the property, probably not at the IV pool or beach unless you want to get up at 6 am.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
977 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

I think the Key West Village would be great! It's a little more quiet/laid back. Just a short walk to the water park in the French Village. They do a lot of fun activities at the Italian and French pools.

NJ
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

Does Key West have a beach area? 'm a little worried I won't be able to secure the shady area on the beach. I know pools are always a problem, but I hope at least beach is available. Do you think July is not ideal time to go?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
977 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

The Key West Village has a great section of beach. We have never been in July, we always go in May. There are plenty of umbrellas or loungers with the little cabana type covers on the beach. The Italian Village pool is usually the busiest. We would go get breakfast around 8 and then had no issues grabbing chairs at the pool or beach. It seems like the beach got more crowded after lunch. I don't think you will have a difficult time finding a shaded spot somewhere! Also make sure to grab fresh towels early on because they will more than likely run out after lunch and not get restocked right away!

NJ
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

Thank you - this makes me feel better.:) Did you travel there with kids? What did you think in terms of overall quality of food/ kid's activities/entertainment and convenience of amenities?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
977 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

Yes. Our son was 10 months our first trip! The food is very good for am all inclusive. If you have been to other AI's you know it's mostly buffets and the same stuff...at Beaches you have 19 choices and they aren't all buffets! Our favorite place for breakfast is Schooners. It's an a la carte breakfast outdoors overlooking Grace Bay. Barefoot is great too, you actually dine in the sand! If you want a buffet Mario's has a huge selection. For lunch we love Bella Napoli pizza. Plan on waiting 30 minutes for a pizza. So put in your order and grab a drink or jump in the Iguana Pool while you wait. Our son loved Bobbie Dee's. The food is ok. They have onion rings, nuggets, pizza, ice cream, cotton candy, burgers...for dinner we loved Soy. They have great Sushi and Mercedes the manager is one of our favorite employees! Also make a reservation for Kimonos as soon as you arrive, it books up fast and ask for Cookie to be your cook! I don't think we had a bad dinner anywhere! So you have plenty of options!

Danvers...
Level Contributor
828 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

We have been twice with our kids ages 5 and 8. My reviews as well as many other people's including Beachgirl's are posted on this site. If you read through them you will see a lot of informative info but in short I would say don't hesitate. It's the greatest vacation we have taken with our kids by a mile beating Disney hands down. PM me if you would like further info or travel agent information. We will be there April 19th this year and I am counting the days!!

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches Turks and Caicos

The waterpark has several seating areas with numerous deck chairs that fully recline. A good number of the deck chairs include a wind/sun shade that will serve you well. Other pools around the resort have some umbrellas shared between the deck chairs that can be moved to keep you in the shade. You may not find a "shady spot" all of the time, but you should be able to most of the time.