We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

nj
Level Contributor
76 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

If you have stayed at either/both, can you let me know which you preferred and why? I am trying to help friends plan their first kid-less trip in years and want to make sure I pick the right resort. There have been some service issues at RP and since I saw mostly good reviews, I thought maybe these reviewers were being unusually persnickety. Thanks in advance!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

Seven Stars by far. DR. JIM

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,495 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

The poster asked for personal experiences of stays on property.

Personally....have stayed at Regent Palms several times and enjoy the property.

Beautiful suites and grounds and great service.

World class spa on property.

Everyone has their own opinions on properties.....and some have actually stayed there.

Seven Stars is another option and has it's own fan base.

Mike

Edited: 9:29 am, March 12, 2014
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,606 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

Is it that time of the year already? We frequent the Seven Stars, never stayed at the Regent Palms. The only regular poster here that stayed at both, now frequents SS more than me.

SS is much newer, great saline pool, and I much prefer the location. Years ago the location was just alright, but nowadays you are walking distance to some of the best dining on the island. There's great dining near RP as well, but I would be more inclined to rent a car there.

The service and amenities at SS keeps improving every year thanks a long time resort manager that runs around like a chicken with no head making sure things run accordingly. They recently added a market that got all your immediate needs like sunscreen, etc.

The spa at RP is world class, but dont discount the SS spa - some would say world class as well. Great beach stretch, water sport toys. They got new boats used for various excursions. An adult only deck. Constantly smiling employees that have been there since day 1, that remember you and your kids names.

nj
Level Contributor
76 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

thanks all for the feedback!

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,495 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

Seven Stars is a newer resort....but suites and property at Regent Palms are kept up in perfect shape with constant refurbishment.

Regent Palms spa has constantly been voted best WORLD spa for services and physical spaces.

No issues that both of these resorts are some of the nicest on the island with the grounds and suites.

Why people are cheer leaders for some is from their personal experiences and expectations.

Some times it just clicks or not.

Many great options out there including these two.

Mike

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

To original post: You have a lot of " vs " posts, instead of all over the place, how about tell us as much as possible? Then we can narrow down properties for you. because:

ALL OF THEM ARE GOOD!

For kid-less, do they need a little nightlife or peace and quiet? What time of year? (makes difference with kids) Do they mind renting a car? Service and pampered, or left alone? Do they mind some kids or would rather not? What's the actual budget? (Budget can change everything, first class really doesn't mean that without it, as all properties in different ranges are top notch for the money)

May I suggest:

adults only Grace Bay Club (with own adult pool and restaurant)

Point Grace (very quiet)

Gansevoort (luxury with hip cool vibe)

Your choices are great, but keep in mind, they are upscale family (meaning kids) choices.

So with a little more, we can add those back in, or narrow down even more for you

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay Club
Grace Bay Club
1,841 Reviews
Providenciales
Point Grace
Point Grace
418 Reviews
Providenciales
McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

Regent Palms and Seven Stars are both luxury full service resorts.

Regent Palms has a very nice infinity pool. Seven Stars has a very large salt water/heated pool (only one of its kind on the island).

Both have fine dining restaurants. Regent Palms has Parallel 23 and Seven Stars has Seven. I would recommend that you read Trip Advisor restaurant reviews on these two restaurants.

If you enjoy water sports Seven Stars has one of the best complimentary water sports equipment available to its guests on Grace Bay (Hobie cats, paddle boards, ocean kayaks, etc.) along with a staff on the beach to assist you with the equipment. The only other resorts on Grace Bay that have this level of water sports equipment are Beaches (families with young children) and Club Med (adults only).

Regent Palms has a wonderful large Spa and Seven Stars has a smaller but very nice Spa, as well.

Seven Stars has the superior central location; so no need to rent a car or incur frightfully expensive cab rides.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
Providenciales
Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,495 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

Regent Palms has all of the water toys that SS has....we have used them all.

Regent Palms pool is also heated for that matter.

Again...both nice resorts with different vibes.

Mike

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

I have stayed at both and would highly recommend you choose the Seven Stars. While our suite at Regent Palms was huge and beautiful.. we had many issues with the pool and beach and service that would deter me from returning there. The concierge never made the correct reservations that I emailed her prior to our arrival. We could never get a seat by the pool- all reserved with bags and no people and when we complained to management they did nothing. Beach service was almost non- existant and we had to deal with some very rude guests that were using a boom box on the beach and again management would do nothing. There were other issues as well but never felt welcomed ...so we tried the Seven Stars and all I can say is WOW! The staff goes above and beyond to help you with anything... kind and generous and they know your name by day 2. Claudine the concierge is so spot on - and she emails me conformations and goes beyond the call of duty as does all of the staff there. 2 times daily housekeeping with free water bottles keeps the suites very clean. The suites are newer as the hotel is newer than RP and we love the 1 bedroom oceanfront suites that have 1 and 1/2 bathrooms... the grounds are much easier to navigate and the heated saline pool is so much nicer than the one at RP. Seven Stars also has 3 restaurants.. one by the pool , one over looking the ocean which is also a bar with music and a fire pit at night which is so romantic and nice. Seven the fine dining restaurant is fantastic and Alan the manager will take such good care of you. Seven is also where you will get your free full breakfast which has gotten so much better in the last 3 years.. Full assortment of hot and cold items. Tennis courts, bocci court large chess set you can play standing up. Amazing beach toys all free- Hobie cats. Kayaks, paddle boards and snorkel equiptment. Also the Seven Stars is in the center of everything.. you can walk to shopping, restuarants and the Gourmet grocery store. We will be going back to the Seven Stars for our 5th stay this Tuesday. We love it there. Hope this helps!

Edited: 2:16 pm, March 13, 2014
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Seven Stars or Regent Palms and Why?

It's been a few years since I'd stayed on the property @ Seven Stars but both Ziggy and Gigi gave some good recent experience's why. Seven Stars central location is very close to Ports of Call, Graceway IGA Gourmet, restaurants, etc. Go for upper floor Oceanfront for the best view of Gracie. DR. JIM