We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort advice

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Resort advice

i'm traveling to turks and caicos in May with my husband and one year old. What is the best hotel you would recommend? Regent palms, Regent grand or gansevoort? We want to stay at the gansevoort but is it kid friendly? We also hear the location isn't great compared to the regent palms. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,745 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort advice

Gansevoort is @ the far Western end of Grace Bay. Regent Palms would be better location for you with your husband and one yr. old. DR. JIM

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort advice

Stick with Regent Palms or Regent Grand and save Gansevoort for an alone vacation with your husband.

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort advice

I share the opinions of others and do not believe Gansevoort is the type of resort you would want to take a one year old.

It is on the far western end of Grace Bay (not a good central location) and the location of the resort rooms are very close to the entrance of the resort (road noise). Plus on Friday nights they have a DJ at the onsite restaurant which blares music into the wee hours of the morning. The music is great for young couples or singles, but not the type of “Rock a bye Baby” music that will keep your one year old asleep. Gansevoort appeals more to younger couples, without traveling children.

Regent Palms is a full service resort with a solid reputation, but it is not centrally located. It has a much wider stretch of beach than the Regent Grand. It has a nice infinity pool with a swim up bar. The Regent Grand is newer than the Regent Palms and has an excellent central location. However, it is not a full service resort and its beach front is relatively narrow. Cab fares on the island are very expensive so a central location will save you $$.

You may want to consider expanding your list of resort options. There are many, many quality resorts at various price points on the island.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
102 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort advice

Point Grace. It is absolutely gorgeous, quiet and walking distance to numerous shops, restaurant, grocery store etc. We will never stay elsewhere again wiht our kids. Gainsvoort very far. You will have to cab it everywhere. Regent grand has no beach (not wide enough for your toddler). The palms is nice but very busy. Good luck and enjoy!!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort advice

Personally.....No to Point Grace with a one year old in tow.

Love Regent Palms

Love Somerset ....yes biased.....but the properties speak for themselves.

Other full service resorts would be Seven Stars and the family section of Grace Bay Club.

Moderate priced places - The Sands -Royal West Indies - Ocean Clubs -Alexandra - Villa Del Mar.

Just some ideas.

Mike

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort advice

Confused? I would call www.turksandcaicosreservations.com

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort advice

tcimike gave you a good list and summary of other resort options, if you decide to expand the number of resorts you will consider for your trip.

Grace Bay is such a phenomenal beach; one that will take your breath away. At least it does it for me and I return their 3-4 times per year.

Level Contributor
171 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resort advice

Regent Grand does have a beach. If you want to see it for yourself go to theregentgrand.com and check out the beach web cam. That way you can form your own opinion. The Regent Grand also has a double sided zero entry pool that is very kid friendly. Good luck with your search. Happy travels.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,640 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resort advice

So far this trip RG has had a lovely spacious beach. In January not so much. April, July, August, October, November, I have seen it 50/ 50.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resort advice

Last August we stayed at The Somerset with our three kids, ages 7, 9, and 11. We're going again this year and it's still our resort of choice because of the stellar location and personal service. The beach and pool are quiet, but not in that "don't let your kids make noise" way. There were plenty of kids and families, but no crowds, no trying to secure chairs on the beach or by the pool, and plenty of nice beach and calm water for our kids to make sand castles and swim. Even though we went "off season," I saw plenty of crowded beachfronts in front of The Regent and in front of Beaches, but ours always stayed very laid back and private. The staff was incredibly accommodating and when our youngest got an ear infection from swimming so much, they arranged our visit to the local clinic and even arranged to pick up his medicine so I could bring him back to the room to rest. Speaking of the room, it was fully equipped with everything we needed (full kitchen, big bathtubs, televisions, etc.) to keep younger kids on their much needed routine while still enjoying the vacation ourselves.