We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

Hi -

We would like to go to the Tiki Hut while on Provo and we were thinking about Wed. night when they have their chicken OR ribs special? I saw some mixed reviews esp about that night (either too crowded and slow or food not so great). The ribs look good but comments by reviewers mention a lot of other dishes that sound good too. How is the chicken prepared - fried, grilled, jerk? Another reviewer mentioned Wed. is a party atmosphere - do they have music or a band that night that they wouldn't have another day of the week? Is it a nice setting at night....looks like it would be nice during the day. We enjoy marinas. Any reflections or suggestion might help me sort out whether we should make a special trip on a Wed night or just visit another time.

Texas
Level Contributor
567 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

Anytime is great at the Tiki Hut… but Wednesday is the best bargain for sure. Chicken is roasted and very tender -- either leg/wing/thigh or breast/wing. Ribs are fall off the bone tender and fabulous! (coming from a Texan, that says a LOT!) Wednesday is crowded due to the special, but not what I would call a party atmosphere. (No band then, or not normally…)

Pryor, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
517 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

I have only been once and it was a Wednesday. I thought the food was good especially for the price. It was not a party atmosphere. We had a nice time and I look forward to going back.

Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

Thanks that helps a ton! As a native Texan I too appreciate good BBQ so your endorsement means it is good.

Boston...
Level Contributor
761 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

Personally, I couldn't imagine not ordering the bone-in ribeye when at the Tiki-Hut.

Chinson's is a better option for jerk chicken/grouper/pork - imo. They have ribs on their menu, but I haven't tried them. Great food, but located on the "highway".

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
811 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

We dined there last June on a Wednesday night, completely clueless about the rib/chicken night. We had already browsed their menu prior to our trip and had our mouths watering for different menu items, but not the chicken/rib special. The place was packed, but luckily we arrived fairly early and were able to get a table rather quickly. When trying to place our order from the regular menu, we were then informed that not all menu items were available on this specific night. Our waitress did not make it clear as to why when questioned, but disappeared to 'check on it'. After a very lengthy time we were approached by someone from management who explained that most of the kitchen's grill is used for the chicken and ribs, meaning there was no room to prepare certain menu offerings. She was kind enough to ask what selections we desired and then told us whether or not they could be prepared. The place got so packed that our food took a long time to arrive and our waitress was extremely hard to track down; meaning no beer refills for my husband and no check back to see if all was okay. In the end it all worked out. The food was delicious and despite the hiccups we plan on returning in June, but not on a Wednesday.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
585 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

the chicken and rib special is great and mashed potatoes are amazing!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

Go for the ribs. Good stuff.

8. Re: Tiki Hut - should we go on a Wed or another time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales