We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

CT
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

I have stayed at West Bay Club for the past four years and love it. I was curious if much has changed since Grace Bay Club took over management? Thanks for any input!

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Club
West Bay Club
1,070 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace Bay Club
Grace Bay Club
1,840 Reviews
Providenciales
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,511 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

Definitely the price!

CT
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

Oh no-I may be priced out! Maybe time for a change!

nyc
Level Contributor
212 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

We are going next week -Look at the website.... they are running some great specials - buy one get one, and another one - every 3rd night free. I think Blamona might be incorrect. They also expanded the restaurant, have a new chef - and have a new restaurant on the beach! Our friends were there for Christmas and said it was fabulous!

NYC
Level Contributor
364 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

I wish Blamona was wrong for once ;-) The rack rates went up so much that even with every 3rd night free, it still works out to about $100 more per night than the rack rate from last year (1 bdrm. luxury). Couple that with the fact that you would get every 4th or 5th night free last year on a much lower rack rate and the difference really adds up. We were thinking of trying West Bay this year but we were priced out. too bad for us.

Edited: 11:57 am, January 29, 2014
Redding, Connecticut
Level Contributor
85 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

I agree.We went to WBC the last two years during February break.This year,the price for the same week in a 2bd lluxury is over $2000 more,including the "stay one night get one night free" rate on the site!Although we loved it there, we will try another hotel next time if their rates stay this high. The lower rates were our trade off for not being in the "center" of Grace Bay near restaurants,etc.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
Providenciales
McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

Blamona is well versed on the island.

I would never bet against her advice.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
8 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

I am on the beach at WBC enjoying tiger prawns from Stix. The food is awesome and the service very friendly and responsive. The food at the Atlantic grill is fabulous. I seldom used to eat there under old management but now I do so almost every day.

New management is doing a fantastic job with lots of noticeable improvements. For one, the staff are super friendly, show they care, and go out of their way to make your stay special. There is also a lot of attention to details.

The rates appear to be in line with other resorts in the TCI. There are lots more people here than my previous visits so I would say people definitely must see the value.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

Heading to the WBC for our second time in a couple weeks. We Loved it last year, but were definately surprised to see how much the rates had increased since last Feb.

Has the Atlantic Grill restuarant officially transitioned to the Noodle menu yet ? If not, anyone know when this is expected ?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
8 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

Yes this week

CT
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: West Bay Club/New Management-any changes?

Thank you for your replies. One more question-Have they made any changed to the breakfast that is included? Thanks so much!

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales