We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

Hello -

My husband and I are planing a trip in early March to T&C, it will be our first time there. We are in our early 30's and mostly like to hang on the beach all day, do some excursions/activities and have nice dinners/drinks/entertainment in the evenings.

We typically stay at all Inclusives (Iberostar Grand) or 4/5* hotels. In Turks we're finding hotels are much more expensive than other places we've been to in the Carribean so have narrowed it down to 3 - The Alexandra, The Regent Grand, and Villa Renaissance. We have read the reviews and also gotten quotes.

The Regent Grand for our dates is about $600 more for our 5 night stay than the Alexandra. VR falls someplace in between. All the rooms are basically the same - studio with an Island/Ocean view.

Can you please let me know which one would be your pick and why?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

The VR doesn't have any studios that I'm aware of. The condos there that have a view are fully ocean front, FWIW.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Level Contributor
715 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

The V R has a few pool view units behind the main building. The R G and V R are smaller than the Alex and have no restarant on site but many are close by, you can order lunch or food through staff at V R for delivery to you. We have stayed at V R twice and really liked the units and location.

Edited: 8:53 am, January 22, 2014
Secaucus, New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

You're right - I think the VR room I'm looking at is pool view, not Ocean View - although that isn't as important to me.

Are all of these resorts equally quite or does one have more "Activity" than the other?

Are they equally "luxurious" or is one nicer than the others in that respect?

Thanks again for all your imput!

new york city
Level Contributor
157 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

Tough call, little surprised the prices are that close. Have always found rg considerably higher than alexandra. Rg and vr are in a more central location to many restaurants, grocery, shops, etc .the Alex is a little farther away but IMO on a nicer stretch of beach and having mango reef on site is a big plus. The main hub is still very close by bike and certainly a very short car ride, I have stayed at the Alex and walked the other two, they're both nice. I'd vote for the Alex but you honestly can't go wrong with those three choices.

new york city
Level Contributor
157 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

Tough call, little surprised the prices are that close. Have always found rg considerably higher than alexandra. Rg and vr are in a more central location to many restaurants, grocery, shops, etc .the Alex is a little farther away but IMO on a nicer stretch of beach and having mango reef on site is a big plus. The main hub is still very close by bike and certainly a very short car ride, I have stayed at the Alex and walked the other two, they're both nice. I'd vote for the Alex but you honestly can't go wrong with those three choices.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,098 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

In order of room niceness:

Alex

VR

regent Grand

Different levels of luxury and size.

Alex does have the ever popular Mango Reef restaurant, but is a farther walk to main hub. From here you can walk realistically to snorkel off the beach too

The other 2 are in the middle of the hub, so you can walk to many restaurants and shops.

So the difference your paying for is luxury. Rooms are much nicer at VR and RG, but for the money Alex is nice too.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
415 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

Quick question Blamona

We stayed at Regent Palm in 2007 (they were still building SS and regent village at the time), thinking about going back soon.

How does the stretch of the beach in front of RG/ VR compare to the area in front of Regent Palm.?

ALso any other differences between RG and VR. ( pool area, activity for kids ages 9-10). if you stay at either RG or VR , Can you use the facility at the other one?

Thanks

Nick

Edited: 11:18 am, January 22, 2014
Texas
Level Contributor
560 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

Not Blamona, but will answer -

Beach in front of VR/RG is narrower (dune -water) than Palms... one row of chairs instead of the sometimes 2 at Palms.

RG/VR separate properties, thus cannot use other resort pool, beach chairs, etc. VR doesn't have hot tubs if that's something you enjoy.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
415 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

Thanks for the info

How about the beach in front of Grandview or Sevenseas. How do they compare with Beach in front of palms vs. RG/ VR

Thanks

Nick

Boston...
Level Contributor
758 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Regent Grand, Villa Renaissance or Alexandra - Help!!

Villa Renaissance (VR) and Regent Grand (RG) are side by side and managed by the same company. They also manage the only golf course on the island and you get preferred rates when staying with them.

I believe the Regent Grand only has 2 studios. They both face the pool, (away from the beach) and have no balcony. Room prices when you move from a studio to a 1br or 2-3br are higher at VR and RG than at the Alex.

Regent Grand has one of the best pools on the island. VR and Alexandra also have nice pools, but not quite as nice. Plenty nice, though. RG and VR both have poolside hot tubs. Alex does not. None of the three resorts pools are ocean side. All of them are in the middle of the resorts.

Both RG and VR have their own onsite bar and offer beach/room service from the Vix. Not quite as good as having the Mango Reef onsite. However, the VR and RG are very central and have plenty of dining and shopping choices within an easy walk. Walking to most dining and shopping from the Alex is further, and not nearly as convenient.

VR and RG both have better workout facilities than Alex.

Alex has 2 tennis courts. VR and RG have one each.

Beach - wider at the Alex. But can be more crowded the VR and RG. Alex has Caicos Dream Tours out front, so if you wanted to go out with them on a tour it's right there.

Overall I rank them RG > VR > Alex. RG and VR are a little more upscale than the Alex, IMO.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales