We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for advice: Best time to book a trip for discounts

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia, South...
6 posts
Save Topic
Looking for advice: Best time to book a trip for discounts

We're looking for some advice from seasoned Caribbean travelers!

We've decided on Provo for our summer vacation. I've been doing some research and see that most hotels offer a summer discount. I'm wondering if I should book now or wait in the hope that the discounts get better (hotel and airfare) as we get closer to the summer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for advice: Best time to book a trip for discounts

Your best bet is contacting www.turksandcaicosreservations.com

They really make it easy because they do all the leg work.

The other option is contact the resorts directly.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,925 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for advice: Best time to book a trip for discounts

With airfare these days, the sooner the better, prices just go up. I find airfare prices to stay the steady lately, very few sales (and never last minute sales on air to Provo)

As for resort, sales seem to come out around April. Other ways are if you are on Facebook, "like" their page you'll here about it. Pick a couple of resorts subscribe to their newsletter, you'll here about it.

Sometimes vrbo.com or Flipkey.com (owned by TA) has listings of some resorts and villas that are better priced than resort sales. If you find them there book now, they fill up fast (you can view their calendar)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
159 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for advice: Best time to book a trip for discounts

I second www.turksandcaicosreservations.com. I just booked our resort through them and they were great! Susan even called me back to let me know about a great price on airfare, $400 cheaper than I found!

Edited: 8:05 am, January 13, 2014
Columbia, South...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for advice: Best time to book a trip for discounts

Thanks for the help!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,503 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for advice: Best time to book a trip for discounts

If you are planning to go mid-August through September, some resorts rates are almost half what you would pay X-mas week. I have found that dealing direct with the owner or the resort gives you some leverage negotiating when demand is the lowest. An empty unit means no income for each week that unit is not rented. Hence to your advantage to go when there are more available units wanting someone to rent them. DR. JIM

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for advice: Best time to book a trip for discounts

In general' rates fall 50-60% after June 1. There is usually plenty of availability, so no rush. Call www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc and have them put you on a watch list. They'll notify you of the specials, just as soon as they hear. We love working with TCR!

Edited: 1:22 am, January 14, 2014
7. Re: Looking for advice: Best time to book a trip for discounts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 16, 2015