We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrades at Beaches?

NYC
5 posts
Save Topic
Upgrades at Beaches?

I know Beaches was closed from September to mid-December. Can anyone speak to the upgrades or changes that were made? We've stayed there twice in the Italian Village (2 bedroom suite) and are thinking of staying in the Key West Village this summer. At that time we'll have a 3 year old and 6 month old.

We think it's the best place on earth, so we'd like to know exactly what changes were done during their closed period. Thanks!

1. Re: Upgrades at Beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, December 27, 2013
NYC
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrades at Beaches?

How rude! Best place for kids! Trust me, it's not Katikes (santorini) or Bardesono (yountville), but it's a perfect place for a 2 year old!

NYC
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrades at Beaches?

How rude! Best place for kids! Trust me, it's not Katikes (santorini) or Bardesono (yountville), but it's a perfect place for a 2 year old!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrades at Beaches?

I think Lyon implied NYC is the best place on earth!

They added a new sky waterslide (kids too young) and new beach access.

The key west village was the veranda, which was already a newish resort.

Other than that I don't think you'll see many changes

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrades at Beaches?

I haven't been since the upgrades (scheduled to go in a few months). Heard that most upgrades were back of the house type stuff and the addition of another waterslides. The back of the house upgrades should help with services, although I'm not sure what ones. Maybe smoother check in, etc

I also love beaches. Best for kid that require more than the beach and where you don't have to feel self conscious having small kids, with disapproving faces , etc. I don't understand the beaches haters. Yes, probably could stay for less in other lasts but I doubt they offer what beaches does. Each their own I guess. :). Enjoy your trip

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
413 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrades at Beaches?

I was there for the first time in the beginning of December. There was no construction going on that I saw. Perhaps as OakBay stated it was back of the house. Stayed in Key West Village in a spacious one bedroom King with a trundle couch, full kitchen (former Verandah property) in the back of the resort furthest from the Beach. I would go back, even without kids. I must state though that I was on a FAM trip of Sandals properties. I had never stayed at a Sandals before but was totally impressed with the property!!

7. Re: Upgrades at Beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales