We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

Boston...
Level Contributor
314 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

We just booked our flights to T&C for the spring and now need to pick a resort. We will be travelling with two kids under 4. Looking for something on Grace Bay that is family friendly but still feels like a nice vacation for us adults too. Aside from Beaches, what other resorts would you recommend that will be kid-friendly? Or are they all pretty family-friendly?

Boston...
Level Contributor
314 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

Thanks to you both for the speedy feedback! Just a couple remaining questions as I continue my research...

OCW is approx. $100 more per night than the Sands, though it is an "oceanfront" suite vs. "ocean view". Would you spend the extra $700+ for the week to stay at OCW and be ocean-front?

Also, it seems like they are both primarily privately-owned condos vs. true hotel rooms, so - at least according to some of the reviews I've read - the rooms can be pretty inconsistent. Is this true? Does this affect level of service in any way?

Sorry for all the questions - we are used to islands like Aruba where there are chains and you pretty much know what you are going to get based on a chain's reputation. We are so excited to go to T&C, just want to make the right decision when it comes to accommodations - we want to really feel like we are on vacation!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

Most all of the condos on Grace Bay are privately owned. Decor can differ from unit to unit but all units are required by the Resort to maintain certain standards. Oceanfront -vs-Ocean View is a personal choice. We have stayed at both. For us, as long as we are in an oceanfront resort, we can live with an ocean view condo. (although DR JIM would disagree with me) We have stayed in or visited many of the 2 bedroom ocean front condos at OCW and all were beautiful. Camke can help you with Ocean view at Sands. You will be "on vacation" as soon as you set foot on Grace Bay....no worries mon!

Edited: 8:23 pm, December 04, 2013
Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
670 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

We have stayed at the Sands with our 3 boys (ages 9, 7 & 3) and found it very family friendly. We even stayed there when we came without kids. The pools are very nice (there are 2); the restaurant is good; they serve drinks at the beach, which is always nice so you don't have to leave while the kids are playing in the ocean; and they have free ocean activities (paddle board, kayaks, hobie cats). We didn't do an oceanfront with kiddos, as we had already spent a week oceanfront on another island, but found the rooms to be roomy. And the screened in balconies were wonderful to relax while the kiddos were in bed. We rented a car...it's walkable, but more of a hike to the store and other shops with little ones. But IMO it's better to have your own car anyway.

Boston...
Level Contributor
314 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

Yet one more question... :)

My husband brought up the point...if we're going to be possibly staying in a privately-owned condo anyway, why not see what else is available for rental through VRBO, etc., in a similar price range. Looks like there are some very nice ocean-view/front units at both Villa Renaissance and Regent Grand for similar cost. Seems like both are in a pretty good spot for walking to restaurants/stores. Both have good reviews. I know they don't have a restaurant on site, but I'm getting over that...So, any insight on these two properties compared to Sands and OCW? Thanks again!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,724 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

The Regent Grand is newer than the Villa Renaissance both properties have pools that are not ocean front, but rather in the back of the resort, but very nice, and they are within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Both are very, very nice....can't go wrong. Flip a coin, or go with the better deal

Boston...
Level Contributor
314 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

Thanks again for all the advice - don't know why I'm having such a hard time picking a spot! Hopefully we'll narrow it down soon. :)

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

I know Seven Stars was not on your list....but we just made our 6th visit there....We have 5 kids ages 14, 12, 11, 9 and 2 1/2.....I have used the kids club at Seven Stars many times before and have always had to pay for it...so this time I was more than prepared to send my 2 1/2 year old a few days and pay what ever it took for me to have some ME time.....It was to my surpirse when I went to sign my son up that the girls at the kids club told me there was no longer a charge for the kids club!!!! My son went from 9:30am to 12:00pm 4 days...my 9yr. old also went 3 days...they had a blast and most days they were the only kids there!!! If Seven Stars is out of the question.....we have also stayed at OCW twice...and really enjoyed it....it is very kid freiendly and convenient......you really can't go wrong anywhere.....our family just returned from our 12th visit to TCI and are planning on going back in Spring....enjoy!!!!

virginia
Level Contributor
247 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

Hi there,

We traveled to Provo 5 years ago and stayed at The Sands with our girls, then 6 and 9. We loved it there and found The Sands to be just right for our family. We had a 2 bedroom ocean view in Bldg 4 closest to Hemingways. Loved the view and the huge screened balcony. My girls still talk about the serpentine pools and the neat ocean kayaks. e ope o go back soon. The Sands may not be the newest, swankiest place on Grace Bay, but we loved that stretch of beach. At that time it was right next door to Bay Bistro where we ate for 2 nights and loved it. Hemingways is also yummy. Just my opinion. Camke and the other destination experts are SUPER helpful and won't lead you astray.

Tresor70

virginia
Level Contributor
247 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

Sorry for the typos. Dumb iPad keyboard. I meant to say we hope to go back soon! ;)

20. Re: Family-friendly resort reco (not Beaches)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 10, 2014