We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
monmouth, nj
Level Contributor
209 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

Does anyone know if Turks and Caicos requires US travelers to have 6 months left on the expiration date of their US passport? We are traveling from the US to Turks and Caicos in Feb of 2014 and my passport expires in june of 2014. I know some countries require that 6 months remain on the passport from date of travel but I can't seem to find a website that lists the specific countries. If anyone has any info on this or could direct me to a certain link I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

I had to research this two years ago and yes, they require six months left on the passport entering the TCI's. Many people will tell you that you'll be okay, but I wouldn't take the chance. IMO, just get your passport renewed now and then you won't have to worry about it.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

The passport topic has been discussed on this Forum several times, you may want to do a search from box above. Although debated the short answer is yes (last I heard) TCI requires the passport to have at least 6 months remaining. But in reality it may just depend on what type of mood of the immigration officer is in that day. So why risk it you have plenty of time to get it renewed.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
14 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

Now I'm freaking out. How strict are they? My husband's passport expires on the 3rd of June snd we're traveling on the 9th of December. No time to get a new one. Guess I haven't lurked long enough.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
14 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

Now I'm freaking out. How strict are they? My husband's passport expires on the 3rd of June snd we're traveling on the 9th of December. No time to get a new one. Guess I haven't lurked long enough. I looked on travel.State.gov and TCI websites. They both say passports must be valid for the dates you will be in the country.

monmouth, nj
Level Contributor
209 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

I did search "passport" in this forum before posting but was looking for something more definitive. Like a link to a gov. Site that listed specific countries that had a 3 or 6 month expiration clause or even a post from someone that was not allowed to board a flight.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

I would get your passport renewed...like the previous poster said, it really depends on the mood of the immigration officers. Why risk it? I was in a similar situation this year, and had my passport renewed this past June. Go to the US passport website and follow the instructions. It is really easy, and that way you'll be good for 10 years. I went to the local Walgreens, had my picture taken and set the application off in the mail. I got my passport back within 3 weeks and I did not request the speedy renewal, although I wouldn't count on it always being that quick.

Happy travels!

Morrisville, North...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

Numerous websites state that you only need a VALID passport and return ticket to enter TCI. Nothing is stated that a passport be valid 6 months after scheduled departure from TCI.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

When we went for our first visit I didn't realize I only had 5 months remaining on mine and didn't have any problems. But just to be safe I would get it renewed if you have the time. Sandyss you should be fine.

Edited: 3:31 pm, November 26, 2013
SLC, Utah
Level Contributor
32 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

If it requires 6 months, you may not even be able to get on the plane in the U.S. This happened to us at the airport trying to check-in for a Delta flight in 2008 to Greece. They require 6 months. The Delta agent said that Delta could be fined a whole lot of money and would be responsible for getting me back home from Athens. We had to turn around and go home... MEGA-BUMMER!!!!

Gilbertsville, PA
Level Contributor
86 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Passport expires within 6 months of travel

When you renew your passport 'early', does anyone know if the renewed passport expires 10 yrs from renewal date, or 10 years from expiration date of original passport? Just curious.