We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med for New Year's!

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Club Med for New Year's!

Hello fellow Travelers! I am going to Club Med in T&C for New Year's this year with 3 of my gal pals... Has anyone been there for the New Year's, and can you advise on the festivities, attire (I heard that sometimes they have themes??) and any special events or changes they may make for the holiday? Thank you!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med for New Year's!

New Year's Eve on Provo. They blow up(actually shoot off) Grace Bay with fireworks. The Island is in full party mood. People you don't know will be offering you happy wishes and probably hugging anyone within their personal space. Most adult beverage dispensing centers(bars) will be bustling. Resort noise levels will be higher than normal. Lots of fluid challenge and behavioral modification will be occurring around midnight. More apt to hear lot's of 3AM door knocking. Pretty much what occurs most places that celebrates New Year's Eve. Have fun and a safe night's event. DR. JIM

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Med for New Year's!

Never been to the Club Med on New Years, but I have heard that there is quite a party. Although, keep in mind that the average age of Club Med GMs (guests) these days is probably close to 40, so don't expect a real wild party. If you have not been to a Club Med previously, I suggest you check my multiple trip reports to Club Med Turkoise (and other destinations) at my web site: www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html . Especially see the "Guide for First TIme GMs" at the top of that page. Club Med is a bit different from most resorts and it helps to understand some of the differences before you get there.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Med for New Year's!

Funny thing about Club Med. Because they don't do daylight savings times, they do fireworks at 11. Then at 12 14 other resorts from Gansevoort (even Northwest Point) to Parrot Cay do fireworks. So you get a bonus

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Med for New Year's!

Interesting point about the Club Med "village time" blamoma... I had never thought about the implications at New Years. I guess it stretches out the fireworks display a little anyway.

5. Re: Club Med for New Year's!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales