We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

I need some advice on what to do during my first time trip to TCI. My boyfriend and I (late twenties and early thirties) are arriving to Provo in early November on a Tuesday and will be departing on Monday. We are attending a wedding during our stay, which doesn't leave us with much free time to enjoy all that TCI has to offer. I would love to get opinions on what places are a must-see/must-do. Keep in mind we have about 3 free days to do what we want.

After reading numerous reviews on TA, I'm looking forward to our stay at the SS resort. The majority of our dining will be at the SS resort for their complimentary breakfast and the soon to be married couple are paying for their guests' dinner with open bar each night (YES!!!). My boyfriend and I plan on renting mopeds. Where should we go for lunch? We aren't looking for anything fancy. I definitely want to dine at The Deck for lunch, but other days we would love to venture off on our mopeds and enjoy a great lunch. I also read on some posts that some restaurants are closed?? When do they plan on opening again??

Aside from dining, I would like to get an idea of places that are a must-do/must-see. Grace Bay beach is already taken care of since we are staying at the SS resort. We also plan on doing kayaking and snorkeling at the resort, including lounging out on the beach and pool. We don't plan on doing any other water sport activities. We would much rather explore the island. Should we go to Salt Cay? Turtle Cay? I read about caves and iguanas somewhere. Any opinions on where we NEED to go? Also, does anyone recommend doing a guided moped tour?

The bride has also asked me to come up with a place where friends and family will all have a good time out out after dinner one night. We don't need a club or anything crazy. Just a fun place to enjoy some drinks and have fun.

Last, a rather large group of friends have mentioned to me they want to do a day activity together. I'm known as the event planner in the group. Any ideas of what to do? Was possibly thinking of renting a boat to go snorkeling. We're a fun bunch of mostly thirty year olds. No need for a booze cruise. The more adventurous, the better!

Please help! Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,943 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

How many free dinner nights you have?

While its nice to have all or most of your dinners included there are some wonderful spots on the island.

Caicos Cafe, a 5 minute walk is an absolute must. Coco Bistro and Le Bouchon I would do as well if you have the free nights

For lunch for the most part mopeds arent needed. Go to Flamingo's and Hemmingways from the beach side. Jerkies, Le Bouchon, Garam Masala short walk on the road side

I would also try to see Taylor Bay and have lunch at Las Brisas. And on another day you can go to Bugaloos.

Other than that, a half day snorkeling excursion wih island vibes will complete the trip.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

The Vespa Island Tour would be a great orientation for you, do it early during your week, then you will know where you might want to go back to. www.paradisescooters.tc

By the first week in November ALL restaurant vacations will be over and a few new ones will be open as well.

Getting out on the water is a 'must do' quite possibly the wedding party has arranged an event already. Seven Stars has a boat they take guests out on, check with them first. Depends on how many want to go as to whether it is more or less expensive to 'rent the boat' or go on a public beach cruise. Check out www.caicosadventures.com, www.catchthewavecharters.com, wwwoceanvibes.com, www.reefpeepers.com Most will drop by Little Water Cay to see the Iguanas and take you snorkelling and beachcombing.

A day trip to see the caves on Middle Caicos involves a ferry boat to North, rent vehicles, drive to Middle Caicos, see the caves and Mudjin Harbour. It a full day and well worth it. A day trip to Salt Cay or Grand Turk might be expensive for your first trip to TCI as it involves a flight. 

Happy planning!

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

Lunch at Las Brisas. Chalk Sound is stunning during the day. I have read about being able to rent kayaks at Las Brisas and paddling out to some small islands with iguanas. Can also rent a pontoon boat for more people and have some snorkeling from there. Try the key words in the search box above and see what pops up.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,442 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

A great excursion for everybody would be a half day catamaran with either Caicos Dream Tours or Island Vibes. On that gorgeous water, you stop at the stunning Half Moon Bsy, reached only by boat. You can get private tours with them.

Caves and Mudjin Harbour are excellent on your day off, but as wwh said, you need ferry, rental car, etc. It is a great day exploring though.

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

@ziggy60 - I believe we have three nights of dinner that will be paid for. I would love to enjoy a night out or two and escape the swarming amount of people who will be staying at SS for the wedding. After reading some posts, Coco Bistro seems to be a popular place. I will definitely dine there one evening! I didn't realize so many places are walking distance. Thank you for all your recommendations! You were a big help.

Edited: 8:45 am, September 25, 2013
New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

@WhereWhenHow - Paradise scooters guided tour sounds like a perfect thing to do. I checked out their website. Thank you. Also, only those in the bridal party are going on a catamaran after the rehearsal dinner. My friends wanted to plan a boating excursion and have asked me to do research on possibly 'renting a boat'. We're a rather large group (about 35-40 people) so I will certainly look at the websites you provided. A day trip to the caves on Middle Caicos is definitely on my to-do list! And I'm glad to know that all the restaurants will be open in November. Again, thank you for all your help!

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

@GSDrulez - Las Brisas was also a place that was mentioned quite often in other posts. Didn't know I couldn't type in key words in the search box. Oops... my first time on TA. Chalk Sound is definitely on my to-do list. Thank you for your help!

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

@blamona - Sounds like a perfect excursion. I will certainly look into it. And yes, the caves and Mudjin harbor are already on my to-do list thanks to you and WhereWhenHow. Thank you!

Boston
Level Contributor
363 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

My soon to be wife and I will be in Provo the same week and plan on doing some of these same things. Maybe we'll run into each other. I suggest making a reservation at Coco Bistro asap as it it the most popular restaurant on the island. I already made mine ;o)

10. Re: First-Timer Must-Do List For Upcoming November Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 27, 2014