We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in October

Hi,

How is the weather at Providenciales in the first week of October ? We are considering visiting but not sure if it is going to be raining.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

On the right, under Top questions in Providenciales, click the much asked:

Oh no the forecast calls for rain every day

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

Impossible to predict if t's going to rain during any given period of time. While October is one of the "wetter" months it's all relative as the T&C's are pretty arid. On average there are 6.3 "rain days" (i.e. days where there are some measurable rain somewhere on the island) in October vs. 2.1 "rain days" in the driest month (March). Suffice to say, all day rains are rare anytime during the year - most rain lasts minutes rather than hours.

Edited: 7:53 pm, September 24, 2013
Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

I see inundating rains, whipping winds and high seas in my crystal ball.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in October

No one can predict

the weather! We were on island last October and had fabulous weather! This year...who knows!

Just enjoy...you're on vacation and away from work...all is good!

Plainsboro, New...
Level Contributor
151 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in October

I've been going in both October & May for the past 4 years, in that time it rained 2X for about 30 minutes. Believe me when I tell you it will not matter, you are in PARADISE. Enjoy, go, no worries. Liquid sunshine. :)

6. Re: Weather in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 27, 2014