We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

We are planning to visit TCI from 24th Dec to 30th dec ..being first timers need advice on where to stay

1. Will All Inclusive be good choice ? or should we rent a apartment/villa? what are the options?

2. We would nanny/babysitting service for a day or two ...if we stay in apartment/villa can we get that service?

Thanks !!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

Most important before we recommend every property, what's your budget?

It is the most expensive time of the year.

Most resorts that week have 7 night mins, so unless you add a night you (or pay for 7 nights anyway) it might limit your choices.

Do you have your airfar? Most flights from JFK are already either sold out or require over night stays in connecting cities on both ends.

There's only 1 AI on island accepting kids. beaches Resort. Expect to pay BIG bucks that week for it, if they're already not sold out

The majority of resorts in Provo are condos with full kitchens, living areas, etc (unless you get a studio room) so great with kids.

Some resorts have kids club and babysitting services, starting at 3 years old and up.

Grace Bay Club offers baby sitting services to 1 year olds. Christmas week is a hard time to find babysitters otherwise, so expect to bond with baby.

Much of that week is already sold out in Provo, so give us a nightly room budget and we can help you out.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,357 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

Just a thought....for young children....Somerset has a beautiful zero entry pool that is ideal for small children.

They can wade in and feel secure...besides the property is stunning and the pool is ocean facing...so best of both worlds.

Yes...I'm biased.....but the property just has a special vibe to it..

In this same price tag...also are Regent Palms,Point Grace,Seven Stars and Grace Bay Club.

More moderately priced are properties like The Sands,Royal West Indies,Alexandra,Villa del Mar and Ocean Clubs.

West Bay club is also another option on the more western edge of Grace Bay.

Just some thoughts.

Mike

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

Thanks for quick response ...I am looking at budget of around 3000 USD for entire stay on accommodation....i have not booked tickets yet ....I shud be able to get something from EWR airport ....I want to finalize the acco first and then book flight tickets ...if not getting good acco i will have to change destination like US VI

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

EWR on USAirways is $670 so you're looking at $1950 in air tickets. This is todays rate, I promise you they'll go up soon.

Royal West Indies has a 1 bedroom for $495 nightly, but the taxes will put you out an additional $700 over the $3000

Ocean Club East has Jr Suite for $469 nightly, so with tax $500 over your budget

If Atrium is not sold out, a 1 bedroom will be in your budget (because of the 1 year old you can't get a studio type room anywhere) You do need a car if choosing Atrium

That's about it. Everything is is way over your budget or sold out.

As for babysitters, maybe your resort can help you find one. Usually the kids clubs allow outside guests to use, but not Christmas week.

Hope this helps

Lake Hiawatha, New...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

I am also getting Alexandra for around 475 ...is it better/equivalent to your suggestions? Reviews on TA seems to be quite nice

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

Is Alex for a studio or 1 bedroom?

if 1 bedroom, all of these are great resorts, considered midrange and have similar amenities.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

Check out the Inn at Grace Bay. Its a condo hotel with one bedroom suites in the heart of Grace Bay and might be in your price range. The condos were all recently renovated - its the former tradewinds property.

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

My hubby and I, and 2 children (ages 3 and 1) are currently staying at Villa del Mar at Provo for two (2) weeks and are finding it perfect for a young family. The condos are "family friendly" but not overrun with children. The walk to the beach makes for a nice stroll through the gardens and there is a "kiddie pool" which both children never want to leave. We are currently in a 2 bedroom and the hotel has provided a crib and a high chair. A 1-bedroom though would probably be more than sufficient if you just have the one child. I would highly recommend this hotel (esp. for the price point) for a young family. It is not fussy, clean and quiet. The staff have been accommodating and attentive.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

Honestly, I would recommend you contact Val and staff at www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc They represent just about every accommodation on the island(s), and are based right there on Provo. T&C Reservations can lay out the options available in your price range, as well as any specials that might become available. It's worth giving them a call. We've used them our last three vacations there, and were very pleased.

Good luck.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First Timers with one year old kid- where to stay?

Thanks everyone for reply...we finally got a good deal at Reef Residence ....booked from 24th-29th Dec