We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Approximate cost of diapers on island

Boston...
Level Contributor
60 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Approximate cost of diapers on island

Any one know the approximate cost of diapers on the island? Where is the best place to buy them? grocery store or is there a household item store we could go to. I dont recall seeing a department type store on Provo but i also wasnt looking for one either. Just wondering if its worth it to take up precious room in our suitcase or just plan to purchase on island. We are trying to pack lighter this trip especially since we'll be traveling with a baby. You know all the extras you have to bring for the little one.

Thanks

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Approximate cost of diapers on island

When are you coming?

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Approximate cost of diapers on island

Husby, Huh? are you going to help with changing? I'm trying to figure out why you asked that question, lol. Bring Diapers!!!!!!! Remember once you have a child it's not about you anymore. Travel lightly? With child? Absurd I tell you!

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Approximate cost of diapers on island

I'd probably drop the wee thing.

I meant I could check prices Saturday but no good if they're arriving tomorrow!

Boston...
Level Contributor
60 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Approximate cost of diapers on island

I know traveling LIGHT light with a baby is not really possible. I was probably being delusional when I first posted that! hahah! We're not coming until december. Don't go out of your way to check prices. It's not that big of a deal. I just thought maybe someone who has done the same may respond back. We're packing food in one suitcase, and then there are clothes and stuff for the 3 of us. We'll probably pack some and plan to purchase some.

Husby- if you happen to walk by the next time your in the store and happen to remember this forum question, drop me a line. if not, no big deal.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,700 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Approximate cost of diapers on island

Brought 1 yr. old twins daughters to Provo a couple of years ago. A one day supply of diapers-your baby's butt is covered. Save your luggage space for the room. Cost is about 1.4 times as in the States @ the super IGA on Leeward Hwy. They usually have all the usual suspects--Huggies, Pampers, Luv's, etc. . Sizes 1-6 including Pull-ups. Next time bring twins & I will give you the same answer twice. DR. JIM

Boston...
Level Contributor
60 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Approximate cost of diapers on island

Thanks dr jim, I think we'll probably follow your advice. Pack a day or two supply and purchase the rest. 1.5 times the price is very reasonable in my opinion.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Approximate cost of diapers on island

We found disposable diapers easy to pack. Use them to fill every last nook and cranny of your suitcase. Makes unpacking an adventure. :)

8. Re: Approximate cost of diapers on island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 01, 2014