We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crazy question!!

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
527 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Crazy question!!

I know this sounds crazy but... I am trying to book airfare and need to know which side of the airplane to get. I want to be able to see the island when arriving and departing. HELP!!

Detroit
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crazy question!!

HA! I never even thought about this, great idea.

Providenciales, TCI
Level Contributor
298 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crazy question!!

Since you are from Texas, I am assuming American Airlines Boeing 757 from Miami to Provo. Pick an “F” seat. You will see the island of West Caicos, Chalk Sound and the Caicos Bank along with 20 shades of turquoise as you approach the airport. If for some strange reason the winds are out of the southwest, you will see Middle Caicos, North Caicos, Parrot Cay, and Grace Bay as you approach.

Pick an “A” seat for departure to get a spectacular view of Grace Bay.

Have a great trip!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crazy question!!

My last 3 trips, the airplanes kept circuling so we got the view acouple of times!

Turks
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crazy question!!

Yes, you can get a seat on the right side to depart Provo andand to arrive. The views are terrific!

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
527 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crazy question!!

Wow, thanks for the quick replies. We are departing Dallas with a layover in Atlanta with Delta on a MD90. Leaving on a MD88. Those are $600.00 per.

Turks
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Crazy question!!

That a great price on your flights.

have a great time on the island...bump into you at the IGA. :)

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
275 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crazy question!!

I don't know if it's ALL the time, but it seems that the flights from Miami to Provo are not full often. So I just bounced back and forth to each side. My boyfriend and I both had rows to ourselves...and like Blamona, we circled around for about 15 minutes so we got to see alot! I was in an F seat.

Now taking off (returning to Miami)...the F side was perfect! I saw the most beautiful water and parts of the island as well as many other islands!

mars

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crazy question!!

If you know what aircraft type you will be on, check out seatguru.com and you can see what the seat configuration is so that you can select a seat without having your view blocked by a wing, engine, etc. - http://www.seatguru.com/

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
189 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crazy question!!

bump

10. Re: Crazy question!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales