We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions! Arriving in T&C this weekend!

Stamford...
13 posts
Save Topic
Questions! Arriving in T&C this weekend!

This will be my 2nd trip to T&C - the first was for my honeymoon last October... I am lucky enough to be returning with my husband and his family! (4 siblings, parents, + me) We stayed at the Gansevoort for our honeymoon, and will be staying at the Somerset this time around. I have several random questions:

How much are the beach type BBQs? (i.e., Seven Stars, Somerset) Not sure whether the price is comprable to going out to eat or much cheaper? Are they worth it? We weren't aware of these when we were here last time!

Provo Ponies - Would you recommend them? Also, who takes all of those pictures of the riders in the water?? Do you leave your camera with someone?

Bight Park Fish Fry - What is this like? Is it enough to fill you up for dinner?

Taylor Bay - Who can you rent stand up paddle boards from that you can use at Taylor Bay? Thought it might be nice to try stand up paddle boarding in calmer shallower waters?

The Somerset - Has anyone stayed here before? What kind of breakfast do they provide? General impressions?

Thanks for your input!! Can't wait to go back!!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
246 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Questions! Arriving in T&C this weekend!

I agree that the BBQs don't sound worth it - $50 or $60 for ribs, burgers, hot dogs, etc? With the size of your group you'll spend a fortune, and it'll very likely be the worst meal you'd have while there.

I went to the fish fry, and it was nice - kind of like a "Taste of Provo", with somewhere around eight tents from different area restaurants. Average prices, average food, but a fun crowd, live music, and right by the beach.

12. Re: Questions! Arriving in T&C this weekend!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 11, 2014