We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just venting...wearing life vests during snorkel trips

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
857 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Just venting...wearing life vests during snorkel trips

I'm venting, but also making a suggestion. When taking a boating trip that involves swimming/ snorkeling in deeper waters play it safe. If you have the slightest bit of concern or doubt about your water skills, don't be an idiot and not ask for a flotation device. Yesterday we took our second boat trip with the same company while on the island because we enjoyed the first one so much. My teenage daughter is a great swimmer, but opted to be smart enough to play it safe in choppy waters snorkeling pretty far from the boat, by asking for a life vest. There was a family of four on the boat yesterday who had snorkeling issues. To make a long story short, none of them wore a floatation device. The two teenagers fared better than the parents, but one girl lost her flipper, the girls panicked and calmed down which in turn made the mom panic and dad was having difficulties and had to swim back to the boat with the mate. Because of their poor decision, the mate was taken away from leading the rest of the group on their snorkel journey. It's always to best to play it safe on the water...I'd rather be safe swimming in my sissy vest than possible drowning because I didn't want to look like a sissy wearing one.

NH
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Just venting...wearing life vests during snorkel trips

Excellent! I was there last month too. ...Can't get enough of the fabulous snorkeling. Heading back again in the fall. Hopefully that will be enough to tie me over until the spring when I will return. It has become one of my favorite snorkeling locations.

22. Re: Just venting...wearing life vests during snorkel trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 29, 2014