We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather (I know I wasn't supposed to look)

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
9 posts
Save Topic
Weather (I know I wasn't supposed to look)

Hi all, I've been "lurking" for a while now and you all have been so informative to me in planning my upcoming trip/wedding!!! I've been counting down for a while now and we are taking off in *4* short days for our wedding/honeymoon trip to Provo/Grace Bay (we'll be staying at the Sands)!!! I know I know I know I'm not supposed to look at the weather forecast but I couldn't help but be curious!!! It's looking kinda bad. Thunderstorms and 30% precipation chance forcasted for my "wedding on the Beach" day on Tuesday!!! The 60% chance on the day we have a ride booked with Provo Ponies is upsetting me also. All I can say is I really wanted wedding photos on the beach of the most beautiful place I will have ever seen/been!!! :( Is that low that's out near the caribbean mabye causing this forecast. (I live in extreme South Louisiana so I'm used to the hurricane watching thing) Someone be a better weatherperson and tell me this will more than likely prove to be incorrect. Thanks!!!!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,689 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather (I know I wasn't supposed to look)

lacenik, I would be the first one to say don't believe the weather reports, however, my husband is at The Sands right now and I am meeting him with the children on Friday. He said it has been very hot and unbearably humid the past few days. Today it is raining. I am sure by the weekend it will break a bit, but he said that the nice breeze that is always on the beach is not there right now blowing the clouds away.

I still think that next week will clear a little and your wedding will be wonderful, and you will be a beautiful bride, no matter what the weather. I will take a peak at you on the beach, if you don't mind on Tuesday. What time are you getting married? Will the reception be a Hemingways?

Louisiana
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather (I know I wasn't supposed to look)

I hope you're right. As far as the humidity, living in South Louisiana we are completely used to it! I'm sure it will feel better there than it does here in the summer. Our wedding is at 4pm. We have 6pm reservations at Hemmingways but I wouldn't call it a reception because we are only a party of 8(including my 4 year old daughter and my fiance's 2 year old godchild). Hoping the live music will still be going on at that time! I'm so excited. It's neat to hear from someone that will be their at the same time as us and "our wedding day"!! It won't be a huge thing to see, just us and our simple party of 8 but I'm sure it will be the most memorable day of our lives with Grace Bay as the backdrop!!!!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,689 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather (I know I wasn't supposed to look)

Oh, it's so exciting! I am so happy for you and your groom. I will be there with my husband, 18,17, and 13. (girl in the middle) It is suppose to be better by Saturday. Clouds and sun. You will love Grace Bay Beach and The Sands. Congratulations!

Alabama
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather (I know I wasn't supposed to look)

lacenick ~ I just returned from 8 days in Provo and my sister did the same thing before we left...she checked the weather and was SO discouraged by the forecast. It showed 30% chance of rain (or better) every day! I told her not to worry, it's the carribean, there's always a chance of rain....

Anyway, out of the 8 days, it only rained late one afternoon from about 4-6p.m. and then a few showers one or two other days but they were very quick and shortlived. We would always see storms way out in the distance, but we never had any major storms.

Don't worry...it will be beautiful and remember that a "bad" day at the beach is better than a good day anywhere else and this place is truly paradise!

Louisiana
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather (I know I wasn't supposed to look)

Anyone else going to be at the Sands next week? There is only one thing kinda upsetting about the room we booked but I'll get over it real quick I'm sure!! Our ocean front room is on the ground floor and I had requested to be moved up to the top if it became available but nothing has as of yet. Can anyone who's been there tell me if we will not really have an ocean front view because I will not see the ocean due to trees and greenery blocking it??

6. Re: Weather (I know I wasn't supposed to look)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 16, 2009