We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toilitries @ Sibonne?

Atlanta
7 posts
Save Topic
Toilitries @ Sibonne?

We're heading there this weekend. Can anyone please tell me if the Sibonne provides guests with toilitries (Soap..Shampoo ect.?)

If so, then what do you get? I realize it is NOT a resort and therefore, we may not get all of the things a major chain would provide (Hair Nets and robes)....but can some tell us what they do provide?

Also, we are bringing our own beach towels...since a lot of folks on here have commented about the transparency of the hotel ones.

Thanks!!!

PS

Do they have ANY laundry facility for guests? Do they charge a fee for helping guest arrange activities or are they generally accomadating?

Thanks for the help!!

Atlanta
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Toilitries @ Sibonne?

Toiletries...sorry for the SP. error

7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Toilitries @ Sibonne?

We were at the Sibonne for 12 days in March,2006. I was pleasantly surprised by the toiletries( having brought all my own). They have Caswell-Massey almond soap, shampoo and conditioner. They always left extra when they cleaned. I don't believe they had lotion and no robes or shower caps. No guest laundry but another post mentioned that they would do laundry for a fee and there is a laundromat relatively close by if you have a car. We did not rent a car this trip but we will the next time as Sibonne is at the end of a dusty lane off the main paved road. Therefore you miss the drive by taxis and I rarely saw the Gecko. The only request we made at the desk was for a taxi and it was a very long wait or they did not come at all. Our 6:00AM taxi to the airport never showed but we had the card for another taxi and he was a saint and came right away. For those of us needing to take the very early morning American flight out of PLS, it is a problem. It was my understanding that the taxi drivers will not start work before 6:00AM. We were told this by several drivers. But if you rent a car, can you leave it at the airport? A problem for only those leaving very early. Long story, sorry, but we did love the Sibonne and are going back next year. The short walk to the beach is a blessing - for us - 15 feet! The rooms were very clean and the maids very nice. I did tip her every day! At first the water seemed cool to us as we had always gone farther south in the islands but you will love the water and the coolness is a welcome relief to the hot sun. We have never spent as much time in the water as we did in Provo. We brought a blow-up float from home as there are rarely big waves that will roll you over! Have fun!!

Westchester, New...
Level Contributor
596 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toilitries @ Sibonne?

the front desk will do a small load of laundry for $5.00. They will only call a taxi for you not the Gecko.

If you need a taxi driver a man named Virgil (231-0199) is great.

Just ask for him at the airport. On the way to Sibonne, he stop at the grocery store for us. He didn't even charge us. He is a belonger and I really enjoyed talking to him.

In the your room they have a printed list of all the taxi people.

Check out CaicosDream Tours a short walk between the Alexander and Palms for water excursion. He has an activity desk there. Wonderful owner John.

Don't forget to pick up your When Where How books at the airport.

You will find the books on a table in the luggage area.

Have a wonderful trip and please post a trip report. Love to read your impressions and thoughts.

Atlanta
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Toilitries @ Sibonne?

Stella and Icegal...

Thank you both so much for taking the time to reply!

We really appreciate the help.

We're almost all packed and ready to go!!!

5. Re: Toilitries @ Sibonne?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 am, August 16, 2009