We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back from Provo

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
546 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back from Provo

Back from our 2nd trip to Provo - this time we stayed at a private home, which was fabulous! I can't disclose specifics ( :

as we want to return year, after year, after year and couldn't chance no availability if the word gets out!!!!!

Dined out each and everyday - usually 3 meals. Went to the "usual suspects". Highlight of the dining includes Baci - best service and best food. Fairways was great for breakfast. Tiki Hut nice, Sharkbite okay, The Grill was really wonderful for lunch. Downers? Bay Bistro for dinner - the service was slow and almost unexcusable.

One thing I noticed this trip is that the women of TCI seem "bothered", and nearly rude - while the men are nice and accomodating. We travel extensively and have never encountered it before.

The islands are still truly wonderful. Highly recommend JBTours. Silverdeep runs a tight ship. We rented jet skis from Sun and Fun.

Any questions? Just ask and I'd be happy to answer them.

Mentioned in this post
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,602 Reviews
Providenciales
Charleston, West...
Level Contributor
32 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back from Provo

did sun and fun have the speed locked in on your jet skiis and how much did it cost and for how long.. would appreciate any advice you might be able to provide....

David, WV

13days away

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,506 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back from Provo

Cool eport, what you liked, what you didn't, and to the point!

I don't blame you for keeping your sercret. 8-)

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
546 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back from Provo

For one hour it's 95.00 plus gas - we rented two for one hour and they charged us $58.00 for gas. You can do a half day, guided for $250.00 a jet ski.

Also, the discount liquor store is called The Wine Cellar and the prices are quite a bit less than IGA. Example, my obligatory champagne morning toast = Moet & Chandon $26.00 at IGA, same bottle 19.99 one mile down the street!

Definetly try to get to Malcom's Beach. It's such an adventure to get there (half the fun) and the beach is beautiful.

I forgot - we did Provo Ponies, an 80 minute Private ride for two and it was only 230.00 - great staff, great experience.

A potcake, who had obviously been adopted by a neighbor (his collar read "wookie") met up w/ my hubby on a beach run one morning. He followed him home and stayed with us the entire last day. Adorable. There was a family at the airport who had adopted a potcake and they shared with us that "potcake" has officially become a breed.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
546 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back from Provo

Blamona - I thought of you during our stay and how cool it is that you're a local. You're very, very lucky.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back from Provo

LOL.. I have never seen a trip report that doesn't say where they stayed before!! Too funny :-)

Love it!!!

I wouldn't really say that the local women here where rude per-say... I think that they are just a little more reserved on the whole then the men. But get talking to them and they do open up..

:-)

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back from Provo

We did the 2 hour guided tour for $215.00. The speed is set at 30 mph for saftey purposes. It was a great tour and one of the highlights of our trip.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back from Provo

"One thing I noticed this trip is that the women of TCI seem "bothered", and nearly rude - while the men are nice and accomodating. We travel extensively and have never encountered it before."

Evidently they did not go into Mama's. She will talk your ear off :-)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back from Provo

Hey ProvoBums! About Mama -- so true! She will talk your ear off. Wonderful Lady.

AmyinVail - what an excellent idea to have a Champagne toast every morning. Thanks for the tip for the $ savings. We'll have to try that next year.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
546 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back from Provo

Yep, you're right - we didn't go to Mamas! I suppose in hindsight, we should've!

The governor's were set on 30mph on the jet ski...sorry, forgot to mention that.

I feel a bit selfish with not disclosing our vacation rental....but, it was just perfect for our family and I've made the mistake before in gushing about wonderful things and then finding they're more difficult to attain!!!!

I can't stress enough how wonderful Baci was. We were hesitant with the Italian food, as we were leaning more toward local fare, but the setting, service and food was impeccable.

10. Re: Just Back from Provo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 15, 2009