We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food to bring?

Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Topic
food to bring?

I've been reading @ the cost of food...any recs on items to bring in from US considering restrictions & cost of luggage. Have 2 small children constantly snacking. Thoughts? Staying at del Mar.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food to bring?

VD Mar - good choice!!

yes it costly here - we have tp pay for the color of the water!!!

bring the kids fav snacks - you can get most stuff here but not all.

not sure exactly what to suggest as not sure of your exact needs!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
192 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food to bring?

We find it's the snack food that gets us most. Anything that takes up space but doesn't necessarily weight much. Cookies, chips, cereal etc. It kind of depends on what you eat. Meat is expensive too, but our place doesn't have a BBQ, so we don't take that.

Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: food to bring?

I am thinking yo bring chips, chocolate, cereal, cookies, popcorn, nuts if I can fit it....

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food to bring?

popcorn etc is not too expensive here, chips a few dollrs for a large bag but they take up suitcase room!,

nuts are costly here so bring them!!

cereal is alittle pricey too so at least bring some to start you off!!

if theres anything in particualr (ie brand) you want me to price here, let me know?

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: food to bring?

We have taken the peanut butter cups (Jif to go), granola bars, popcorn, nuts, applesauce cups. Our toddler grandson is going this year so we are taking the fruit in the squeeze tubes...and the usual toddler snacks, to the extent they will travel well.

BC
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: food to bring?

Granola bars, instant oatmeal, nuts, cereal, pasta, tea, coffee, microwave popcorn, peanut butter, jams, crackers, pretzels.

kalamazoo, mi
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: food to bring?

peanut butter, jams, apple sauce, fruit in squeeze tubes, all must be in checkin luggage and not carryon.

8. Re: food to bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 25, 2014