We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Topic
Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

Hello, I know I'm asking two questions but here goes. I'll be staying at Villa Del Mar and was wondering if I can walk to the store and restaurants. Also, I would like to do some shore snorkeling - can I walk to Coral Gardens. Thanks!

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

Both quite some walk!!

Caral Gardens could be an enjoyable walk, IGA Gormet for groceries - not so much!!

Would suggest a Taxi for groceries for sure!!

Coral gardens, if you HAVE to walk, make day of it. Walk there, snorkel, lunch at SOMEWHERES after,head back!

maryland
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

VDM for groceries is about a 5 min walk. Close to quite a few restaurants. Snorkeling to far IMO to walk, but I suppose doable

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

The Bight Reef is in front of Coral Gardens Hotel. I would say it would be around 1hr plus to walk it. Nice walk though. You could cut it up and walk to the Sands have lunch or a drink at Hemmingways and then walk the rest of the way. Or take a taxi there and do the walk back.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

Villa del Mar to the grocery store is not a long walk, I see many people walking far longer with their grocery bags everyday. Maybe bring a backpack or a few helpers to even out the weight. If you plan to purchase a case of beer or gallons of water then you might need a ride back.

Walking a few miles west to Bight Reef is downwind and could be pleasant. After snorkelling for awhile, personally I would not want to walk back against the wind, but Im not so young anymore.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

We're currently in Provo and we're staying in a condo directly behind Villa Del Mar. Walking to IGA for groceries is not a problem - 5 mins easy. We brought a couple reusable grocery bags with us, which makes hauling stuff back easier. On our first day we bought a couple 1 gallon jugs of water at IGA ($2.09 each I think), then we would go to the Avis parking lot (directly across the street from IGA) and fill them up as they have a water refilling station on-site. $0.60 for 1 gallon - can't go wrong!

We walked to Coral Gardens on Sunday and went snorkelling. Took us about an hour along the beach, but it's a nice walk. We had lunch at Somewhere cafe which was good. I wouldn't hesitate to walk it again, but just know it is a lengthy walk.

Lots of restaurants close by. Caicos bakery is great for your morning coffee and croissant, etc. Seaside cafe at OCW is good. Other places nearby are Jimmy's dive bar, Danny buoy's, coco bistro, caicos cafe, Bella Luna. Hemingways and Bay Bistro are a bit farther, maybe a 15-20 minute walk. Flamingos is also a great inexpensive place to eat - it's beside ocean club east and about about a 10-15 minute walk down the beach. Hope this helps!

maryland
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

Ask VDM is they have grocery carts. They have them where we stay.

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

Thanks gang see you soon!

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

Thanks!

9. Re: Grocery Stores and shore snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales