We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find a beachfront condo

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
548 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Where to find a beachfront condo

I'd sure appreciate any suggestions for locating a beachfront condo in Providenciales. I know there are numerous hotels etc. but can anyone tell me if there are 2 bedroom condos in the area?

Thanks!

new york
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

Almost all of the resorts have 2 bedroom condo, RWI, Sands, Coral Gardens, Ocean Club. You can check out the individual websights or look at vrbo.com. You will have no problem finding a 2 bedroom.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

Ocean Club West has 2/3 bedroom condos that are really beachfront as in there are no other condos in front of it - just beach.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

Most of them have 2-bed condos.

Do you have an idea of budget or the type of property you are looking for? Busy, lively, quiet, small?

Also is it a condo in a resort that you would like, or a separate villa somewhere away from the resort properties?

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
548 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

Thanks for all the information!

We'd like a condo in a resort area. Preferably near restaurants or with a restaurant/beach bar. Two bedroom oceanfront or view. If we happen to travel alone--one bedroom will be fine.

Fairly easy access to town or shopping. More on the quiet side as it will be our 35th Anniversary so not desiring a busy family resort if possible.

Rates around $350/ $450 a night. If there are all inclusive rates, we'd pay more.

I sure appreciate your time!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

Take a look at our pics: www.bandbinprovo.shutterfly.com and you can see what beachfront condos at OCW and Royal West Indies look like. We just booked the Calabash suite for next May through VRBO.com so we could get a beachfront condo. It's one bedroom and it looks like it's going to be pure heaven.

Justlaura from www.provobums.com also stayed at OCW this past May in the 2/3 bedroom suite at OCW and the view was INCREDIBLE. Laura.... where are you? She can tell you all about it. I'm sure they have tons of pics.

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
548 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

Those pictures are great! It definitely provides me with a good idea of these particular resorts. Now, the big decision! I'll also check into VRBO.

Thanks to all for your time!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

Morganmom

They have 2bdrm ocean front condos at the Alexandra Resort, and depending on when you are going they are running specials for the summer. I have pictures www.alexandrapics.shutterfly.com .... also the web site for the Alexandra is... www.alexandraresort.com

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
548 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

I've read in some of the reviews that the Ocean Clubs were noisy and had lots of kids. We're going late February and wonder if anyone else has found it to be this way? What is the difference between OC and OCW?

Also, how close is it to other restaurants and shopping? Are there other things to do nearby or places to see? We don't require a lot of nightlife but curious about other things to do.

Everyone has been super on responding---it is greatly appreciated!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

We stayed at OCW feb. of 2005. There were some kids, not many and they tend to hang by the pool. OCW is a newer than OC. They provide a free shuttle to go back and forth with.

I really think the only place you'll have to worry about lots of kids is Beaches.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to find a beachfront condo

hi morganmom...

we've stayed at ocean club west 4 times and have never been bothered by kids...there are usually some families around but not a lot and not at all bothersome to us...i guess when we don't have our kids with us then other kids are just entertainment and never a bother...

ocean club and ocean club west are just about a mile apart on the beach...ocean club west is a little newer...if you stay at one you get to use the facilities at both which is something we really enjoy...using chairs and umbrellas at another resort...taking a swim in their pool and using the towels...it's a nice feature about ocean clubs...

right across the street from ocw is ports of call shopping area and several restaurants...and right next to ocean clubs is a new little shopping art area...

there are lots of things to do...boat trips are the best...there are lots of different kinds of boat trips to choose from...catamarans or power boats...snorkeling or beach combing...middle caicos caves...or north caicos...sky king to grand turk is very reasonable at $160 for a day trip...there is a conch farm near leeward marina...lots of local beaches to discover....banana boats and parasailing...glass bottom boats and sunset cruises...snorkle right off the beach at coral gardens...go to the south side and rent jet skis...find a potcake puppy to adopt...:) there is lots to do...

not a lot in the nightlife area but some...calico jacks at ports of call has music and dancing on friday nights...hemmingways at the sands has live music tuesday and thursday evening...and i think i read that da conch shack has dancing in the sand on saturday nights now...but honestly...we're always too tired at night to be looking for much night life...

someone already mentioned our website

provobums.com

if you go there you'll find all kinds of information on the links page...in the gallery you can look at all our pictures...lots of them from ocean club west different rooms we've stayed in...including last years 3 bedroom ocean front which was a 2 bedroom with a studio lockout on it so you'll get an idea of the 2 bedroom units there...

have fun planning...we love ocean club west and will be returning in april to stay there again...