We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute questions

Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute questions

Hi all!

My husband and I leave for TCI next week and had some last minute questions! I hope you don't mind terribly giving me your take on it all since this is our one big vacation and we'd like to be prepared for both the good and the bad (if any at all!) Thanks in advance!

I read some descriptions of the private island getaway and it sounds awesome, does anyone recommend a company? Also, is it a day trip (all day long?) and how did you book them and what's a good price?

Lastly, I'm a bit concerned about snagging an umbrella at Coral Gardens from all the reviews I read (we're staying there 4 days). It sounds kind of stressful, is it really a big problem, or can I at least eat breakfast before running to save one?

Thanks so much again, I guess I'm getting kind of nervous since we put all our eggs in one carribean basket! Can't wait to get there!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute questions

Don't be nervous- relax and enjoy the anticipation you have for your big trip, and then once you're there, completey relax and enjoy!

We booked our Island Getaway though J&B tours. I called a few places and they all seem to cost the same, $225 per couple. They dropped us off at 9:45 AM on the island and they'll pick you up whenever you want. They picked us up at 4:15PM, but next time I'm going to see if they'll pick us up closer to 6PM because the time just FLEW by! I requested they takes us to Big Water Cay because we had seen that beach area on a Sail Provo trip days earlier and thought it was just gorgeous. I think Half Moon Cay is right by there, too, and is gorgeous, also. It's all gorgeous, really! I'm sure your hotel can book it for you or you can just call yourself and book it. There will be brochures and ads everywhere for you to get the number.

Mentioned in this post
Sail Provo
Sail Provo
202 Reviews
Providenciales
Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute questions

I would go with J and B.. I think they do a slightly better lunch..

But you cannot go wrong with Silver Deep either.

I cannot tell you about the umbrella situation,,

But I will tell you to have a wonderful relaxing and romantic time here :-)

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Silver Deep
Silver Deep
439 Reviews
Providenciales
3. Re: Last minute questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 14, 2009