We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch on Arrival

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Monroe, New York
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Lunch on Arrival

We have decided to rent a car for the 6 days we'll be at The Alexandra. Our flight lands at 1pm, but we can't check in until 4pm. Where do you suggest we go for lunch before check in? Is the luggage safe in the car to drive somewhere and have lunch or should we just eat at Mango Reef?

kalamazoo, mi
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch on Arrival

i would check with the Alexandra first. Many times hotels will let you have early check in. If they can't give you your room first, they can put your luggage in a secured area (they all have one) so you can get something to eat and not have to worry about your luggage. They will give you receipts after they tag your luggage.

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
652 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch on Arrival

I agree. Just go to the Alexandra. You can unload your luggage, get lunch there and spend the afternoon at the pool and beach.

newport, vt
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch on Arrival

What are your thoughts for casual meals in the Ports of call area, also in walking distance?

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
833 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch on Arrival

Pizza Pizza is near Ports of Call, certainly walkable, casual and reasonably priced and they do have more than pizza. There is also a diner in Salt Mills, I forget the name.

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch on Arrival

Las brisas is a great place for lunch. Chalk Sound is stunning to see while you eat.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
22 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch on Arrival

We always go straight to Shark Bite for a rum punch and some cracked conch overlooking the water but there's always Tiki Hut where you can probably see your car from your table if you are worried about luggage.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,558 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch on Arrival

I would go to Hole in the Wall right next to the airport, 2 minutes away. Nice jerk pork and jerk chicken and you eat among locals with a fantastic view of your luggage

On your last day I would head to sailing paradise for an early lunch before the flight.

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch on Arrival

X2 for Hole in the Wall. We did our first and last meal there.

Washingtonville, NY
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch on Arrival

Why not pack a bathing suit in your carry on? Your resort can hold your bags and you can slip into your suit and start your vacation. Lunch at your hotel is simple, then, if your room still isn't ready, head straight to the beach and start enjoying. Haven't been to TCI yet, going this summer, but that's just what we do wherever we go.

Btw... I see you're from Monroe, I'm from Washingtonville. Hi and welcome!

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
885 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch on Arrival

Mango reef is a nice choice for your first day, deck right on the beach overlooking a wide expanse of Grace Bay, varied selection for lunch, sandwiches, burgers, salads, about anything you'd want.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales