We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Question THIS weekend

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Question THIS weekend

Hello all,

I know this has been asked a plethora of times before, but where can you get the best sunset view on both the Turtle Cove area and Grace Bay area? I'm thinking Magnolia for Turtle Cove, but does the sun set over land or water there? Hopefully on Grace Bay, the sun will set nicely behind the ocean.

Can anyone please provide their expert opinion on this? I want to get a few pics if possible at sunset... with a Turks Head in hand of course!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

Land.

Shoudl go to the "other" side of the island for Sunset. Taylor or Sapodilla Bay are the best.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

We stayed at West Bay Club last week - it was setting over land from there so Turtle Cove would be the same. In addition to what ScubaDave said, you can also see it setting over the water from Leeward Beach.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

Turtle cove it will be over the land.

at the very end of leeward its better but still over land (although does not seem so prominent)

Taylor bay is best; take sundowners and put sun cream on to stop the no-see-ums!!!

you can also climb to the top of the hill at Sapodillo bay though its not as comfy!!

Edited: 10:56 am, March 11, 2013
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

Scuba Dave, thanks for the advice! My first night will be at La Vista Azul, but I think I'll venture over to Taylor/Sapodilla Bay one night for sunset. Where is a good spot at those beaches or can you see it anywhere from the water?

Husby-Amp... "take sundowners and put sun cream on to stop the no-see-ums!!!" What does that exactly mean? Is sundowners and sun cream a certain product? Slightly confused...

So from the sounds of it, NO resort on Grace Bay actually gets the sunset over water then? Bora Bora had an amazing sunset over water just atop the Bora Bora Nui Resort by the chapel. Incredible!

And then the big question is what time is sunset exactly?

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

Anywhere on the Beach @ Taylot or Sapodilla you can see ti set over the water.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

Sundowners are any alcoholic drinks enjoyed at sunset!

Use sun cream or skin moisturiser to stop no-see-um bites especially on the lower legs (better than OFF) as they cant bite thru the cream.

get the the beach for approx 5.30 (drink sundowners!) sunset just after 6pm but wait afer as the skies continue to change

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

I thought because of daylight savings time, the sunset got moved back an hour? Can anyone confirm or deny this por favor?

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

yeah, sorry - add an hour!

but still get there at 5.30 for plenty sundowners....

think I've had too many, hic :)

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

except at ClubMed, since they do not acknowledge Day Light Savings time the sun will set 1 hour earlier there?

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset Question THIS weekend

AAhh, Club Med - where ANY hour is Sundowner time.... :)