We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

Hello all,

So I need to reserve 2 people for a 1/2 day trip. Can some of the experts on here please compare Island Vibes with Caicos Dream? Do they offer the same thing for 1/2 day trips? Just not sure where to stay. Will they really pick you up ON the water in Grace Bay? We are staying at Coral Gardens.

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
636 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

To add on to the above question: I hate loud music when I'm out on the water. Does one company play music louder than the next. I know that's a ridiculous question, and it's probably an individual sailors preference, but I just thought i would ask.

Thanks.

We're staying in Turtle Cove, so I'd be curious as well where they pick you up from.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,486 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

Island Vibes - Diving board

CDT - No diving board

I took both and thats pretty much the only difference. Island Vibed is an offshoot of CDT and offer a similar experience. You cant go wrong here just flip a coin

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

Why not do both right? A diving board for Island Vibes sounds awesome! I will go with that! Where do they take you on 1/2 day trips then? And where exactly is pick-up/drop-off?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,486 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

Pick ups usually in front of your resort. They take you where they feel like that day. Usually to a couple of snorkeling spots, a remote island such as iguana island (nice snorkeling right off the shore there as well) where they give you an introduction to conch and make a conch salad right on the boat. Then IV stops somewhere to let you do some diving.

Now can someone confirm that all their boats still got the diving boards?

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

TropicalBird, I'm afraid both tours do play their music rather loudly. But once your out there it adds to the fun of the vibe, especially after a couple of rum punches!

Maybe someone else can chime in on the other tours?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,932 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

We did both Caicos Dream Tours and Island Vibes. We prefer Island Vibes.

Our first time with Caicos Dream tours we had Shaun as our captain. He left to start his own business. Island Vibes. We followed him because he is a great guy and we enjoyed the tour with him. As Ziggy said. pretty much the same thing. Food, remote islands,snorkeling, but IV has a diving board. If you charter Island Vibes, they will also pull you in the large inter tube . That was fun.

Both boats have loud music. It depends what type of passengers too.

Ziggy, as far as I know they have one boat with the diving board. don't quote me on that. That was as of 2011.

My vote is Island Vibes.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

I've been out with Caicos Dream Tours since day one, maybe over 15 times out...... with Shaun, and other captains...all were wonderful captains... and I have always enjoyed the trip....every single one of them Wonderful customer service. .... Both companies do basically the same tour, unless you book a private tour..

Have a Blast

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

I have done both and agree with Ziggy that the diving board on the roof is pretty much the only difference. Otherwise, very similar experience. And, for those not looking for loud music and a drinking, party, atmosphere...go with something else like a straightforward snorkel with Big Blue.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
595 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

Island Vibes!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,704 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Narrowed down to two... Caicos Dream or Island Vibes

Caicos Dreams will pick you up from the beach just West of Coral Gardens. Now I am going to explain to you why I recommended Caicos Dreams. I met the owner(while waiting for departure flights in the crowded waiting area) @ Provo International Airport August 2011. We talked and he was excited to be going to Europe with his wife for a few weeks. She is very active in helping the children of Turks & Caicos. They seemed to have compassion in doing this and volunteering their time and giving back to the community. I have been doing this in Haiti(Medical Missions) for over 30 years. I admire people who do this without egotistical reasons. DR. JIM

Edited: 4:26 pm, March 04, 2013